996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Blown 6 Intercooler install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Wow - that's messed up.

You should direct them to this thread to see how many sales they will lose because of their lack of customer service.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZIP22
I just asked them for a complete refund and they flat out refused though they admitted fault for the ICs sent in that condition....

Yep! I went back and forth with them for a long time, and finally I got my way by explaining that they sold me on a faulted product. I almost said just send me a new set that doesnt look like that, but because they were such a$$holes from the start, I went the full refund route! I also think the shop (RPM) helped me in dealing with them even though they didnt tell me lol.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
I had great LUCK with them.... I guess compared to you'al.. Maybe coz Im in their neck of the woods..... lol.. But dude.... Id call em up and let them get back to me with an answer. Give em a chance to send you a new one. That bent one reminded me of ACE VENTURA in his first movie...lol...

Old 05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
That is not good, I was thinking of purchasing one of these through kilrgt. Hopefully it gets cleared up sooner than later.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I would have them exchange them for new ones if he wont refund you.I know this doesnt help you but I have them and they are NOTHING like that. PM me and I can see if I can help you out, I know Michael and it doesnt sound like him to be a dick like that.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Thats what Im sayin.... Totally nice, very professional and I got mine quick! Plus they work amazing!!! Give em a call and express your concerns..Give them a chance to make this up.... Think of it logically... Do you realy think they would send something like that?? and if they did...purposely????? I dont think so....just my opinion.... I blame Ace V. lol...

Old 05-06-2008, 11:49 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Update...Blown 6 has provided there FedEX number to send back the units. I will ask for a refund again since I was very displeased with the quality and service received. Since I'm in a middle of a 650 install Sharky came to the rescue. I went to Sharkwerks and bought a set of their EVOMS VFlo ICs. Picts below. The OEM ICs are the lightest, then the EVOMS, and then the B6s. The endtanks for the EVOMS sets it apart from the B6 and OEM. The EVOMS ICs have also better overall construction and are a bit wider than the B6 and OEM. They create more flow and better at radiating heat from the boosted air...Thanks Alex aka SHARKY!

Last edited by ZIP22; 07-28-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:22 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Zip, thanks for the pics.....please keep us updated on the upgrade!!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Update...Blown 6 has provided there FedEX number to send back the units. I will ask for a refund again since I was very displeased with the quality and service received. Since I'm in a middle of a 650 install Sharky came to the rescue. I went to Sharkwerks and bought a set of their EVOMS VFlo ICs. Picts below. The OEM ICs are the lightest, then the EVOMS, and then the B6s. The endtanks for the EVOMS sets it apart from the B6 and OEM. The EVOMS ICs have also better overall construction and are a bit wider than the B6 and OEM. They create more flow and better at radiating heat from the boosted air...Thanks Alex aka SHARKY!
My pleasure zip22 and good luck on the install! It's great to see DIY'ers tackle these things Looking at the pics I can see the end tanks are quite different in design... Hoses should be here in the next few days

Old 05-08-2008, 12:48 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The OEM ICs are the lightest, then the EVOMS, and then the B6s. !
exact weights please?

how, much heavier?

Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Brett B is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the great comparison pics, the Evo end tanks do look much nicer in terms of promoting more evenly distributed flow through the IC core.

Is that just dust/lint in the above picture? Maybe it's just how the picture turned out, hopefully they are not small aluminum shavings as they look. Make sure to give these a good clean out with brake clean and some compressed air just in case.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:23 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by heavychevy
exact weights please?

how, much heavier?

On a bathroom scale the weights are as follows:

OEM = ~6lbs

EVOMS = ~9lbs

B6 = ~12lbs ....I guess the extra welds on the blocked core added to the weight...

Old 05-21-2008, 06:51 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
If you paid with a credit card, I would get them involved. They don't look kindly on this sort of thing and will withhold payment from the seller.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:19 PM
tcb996TT is infamous around these parts
Great pictures, I am shopping for upgraded Intercoolers for my 01 996tt and am very interested in the performance difference that you realize from these, if it is noticeable.
Please let us know.
How much $'s are the Evoms?
Thanks!

Old 05-25-2008, 03:45 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Does anyone know the air temp differential of the stock units vs. the EVOMS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blown 6 Intercooler install