996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What would be the Best mods to get for $3000?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:13 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I would do a board sponsor flash (Tony at EPL had a great spring special)
and also a BMC air filter, diverter valves and the drilling out of the factory exhuast.
Someone can post a link to the drilled out exhuast that netted real horsepower for zero$$.
You could do all of this for $3K and you would have a transformed car.

MK

Old 05-15-2008, 08:40 AM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
when was last time a detailed verifiable maintanance was performed? With those miles you need to check spark plugs, fluids, turbo boost leaks etc...I would start there first if your not 100% sure on it. It could cost a pretty penny.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
I would recommend doing the shifter also, the 997 shifter has shorter throws than the stock 996TT, shifts smoothly and quickly, takes about 30 minutes to install.

Look at this thread, no brainer for under $200 I believe

Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Highhats
up it a couple hundred and get EPL's k16/24 kit. On stock exhaust thats 490awhp on a mustang.

S

A couple hundred from where??? He said $3K...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Chris S
A couple hundred from where??? He said $3K...
Last I checked, the intro price for the EPL K16/16g kit was $3,345.
And for that you get: 2 K16/16g turbos with upgraded wastegates, 5 bar, all gaskets and hardware and the flash.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
And for that you get: 2 K16/16g turbos with upgraded wastegates, 5 bar, all gaskets and hardware and the flash.
What kind of power does that net?

And this is a kit without having to touch the engine internals?

I would imagine you would need to upgrade the exhaust for this first though right?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Chris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to beholdChris S is a splendid one to behold

wow...awesome. I wasnt aware.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
microboby is infamous around these parts
How can do that?? I would not mind getting those extra hundreds into that kind of mod.

Guys: Thanks for everybodys help on this , I am very Porsche ignorant and this seems like a whole new world into the car mod. thing

Old 05-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by thankful
What kind of power does that net?

And this is a kit without having to touch the engine internals?

I would imagine you would need to upgrade the exhaust for this first though right?
On my car, with stock everything (including exhaust) and on 93 octane it made about 480hp at the wheels (after I added the DGI exhaust it made a bit more, but the clutch started slipping).

No, no internals (but you may end up needing a clutch to hold all the torque)

I ran mine with the stock exhaust for a few hundred miles. There's definitely no problem with running the stock exhaust (it ran like a dream), but you will leave some power on the table (30 horses or so).

Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
On my car, with stock everything (including exhaust) and on 93 octane it made about 480hp at the wheels (after I added the DGI exhaust it made a bit more, but the clutch started slipping).

No, no internals (but you may end up needing a clutch to hold all the torque)

I ran mine with the stock exhaust for a few hundred miles. There's definitely no problem with running the stock exhaust (it ran like a dream), but you will leave some power on the table (30 horses or so).
Crap!!!

That's amazing.

Is there a site I can go to - to check out the kit?

Thanks a ton for the info!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
PM sent.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Speak to tony at European Performance Labs (a board sponsor)

http://www.eplabs.net/contact.html

Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Here is a link to the K16/16G upgrade - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-46738.html

The ECU Flash is done via OBD II flash cable from us via Softronic. Price on the flash is $1995 and includes the OBDII flash cable.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Dan, what kind of results have you been seeing with your K16/16g setup? Dyno plots?
A local friend of mine has a Proto K16/16g setup and we were thinking of running them back to back. It'd be interesting to see how the same kit varies across different tuners.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Coilovers a proper alignment and corner balance and a Drivers Education event so you can learn how to drive it well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What would be the Best mods to get for $3000?