996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What would be the Best mods to get for $3000?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Vivid may post one or Softronic or about 20 other Dealers that I tune for, with or without the Softronic logo.

I do not hold much faith in dyno posts by any aftermarket manufacturer since they are all easily manipulated to the companies desires. I have always had this stance as a technical expert for the PCA and Porsche.

Best,
Scott Slauson

Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Maybe we were talking past one another.

I thought you were saying K16 at 1 bar = K16/16g at 1 bar. Which, in my experience is not accurate.

Re-reading your posts, I now think you were saying: K16 at 1 bar = K16/16g at .7 bar (which may be right, but I've never run mine at stock boost levels).

I'm still curious to see a dyno plot of a Vivid/Softronic 996TT K16/16g car. Will you post one up when it becomes available?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 PM
drh
drh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura aboutdrh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
From what I have heard, I'd stay away from Revo as a tuner. Once they flash your ECU or give you trial software, you won't be able to use any other tuner's software.
Yeah, it would be nice if they tell you that up front.
Kevin at UMW can fix the problem though.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
how is APR software tune?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 PM
derm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hrs1
when was last time a detailed verifiable maintanance was performed? With those miles you need to check spark plugs, fluids, turbo boost leaks etc...I would start there first if your not 100% sure on it. It could cost a pretty penny.
Totally agree!
When I bought my TT, I was only thinking of modifications, modifications and modifications for more power and didn't realized that there is a significant boost leak, which accounted for much of the power loss. After I have the leak fixed, it is already much better. And now I'll go for a flash, exhaust and........

Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM
microboby is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by derm
Totally agree!
When I bought my TT, I was only thinking of modifications, modifications and modifications for more power and didn't realized that there is a significant boost leak, which accounted for much of the power loss. After I have the leak fixed, it is already much better. And now I'll go for a flash, exhaust and........
Where was the leak on your car and how did you fixed it? , my car was bought from a dealer that serviced it before delivery and a new clutch was installed too but your experience would be very interesting to know , maybe there is something I need to check too

Thanks

Old 05-15-2008, 10:27 PM
derm is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by microboby
Where was the leak on your car and how did you fixed it? , my car was bought from a dealer that serviced it before delivery and a new clutch was installed too but your experience would be very interesting to know , maybe there is something I need to check too

Thanks
Technically, I dont really know where the leak is, some sort of valves ??, they (the offical dealer) unloaded the whole engine and found boost leak from multiple sites. They fixed them and the car now feels a lot more solid when accelerating.