996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best loud exhaust for my GT700?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 AM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Best loud exhaust for my GT700?

Currently I have the Fabspeed straightpipes, no cats and no mufflers. I feel like I am losing power with the straightpipe setup and I had to turn the boost down since it was overboosting. The car would hesistate bad.

Anyways I am looking for a exhaust that is loud and good sounding for my GT700. Also would adding cats to my setup give me more low end torque??

Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKM3
Currently I have the Fabspeed straightpipes, no cats and no mufflers. I feel like I am losing power with the straightpipe setup and I had to turn the boost down since it was overboosting. The car would hesistate bad.

Anyways I am looking for a exhaust that is loud and good sounding for my GT700. Also would adding cats to my setup give me more low end torque??
Nothing better than GMG's WC-GT system! I can try shoot some clips tomorrow if Fabryce is around.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 AM
BLKM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Nothing better than GMG's WC-GT system! I can try shoot some clips tomorrow if Fabryce is around.

Yeah thats definetely a nice exhaust. I wish it was louder though.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:43 AM
jrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant futurejrekucki has a brilliant future
fabspeed 70 mm system

Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I think a Fabspeed exhaust is the answer.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:59 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BLKM3
Yeah thats definetely a nice exhaust. I wish it was louder though.
Hey John, have you heard it in person? It's pretty loud. It's pretty much a more advanced straight pipe system with one 200 cell cat.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:26 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
First Gen fabspeed is the loudest and shows some good power gains.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
I run the gen 1 fabspeed 100 cell cats with there straight pipes/muffler bypass, loud,nice sound. seems to have no power loss compared to the fab gen1 muffler. I did a back to back test, muffler on/muffler off/x50 on. x50 was quiet but killed power bigtime compared to gen1.
I would put your cats back on with open pipes and then you could tune backpressure with various size "rings" in the pipe,of smaller/larger open pipes....IMHO

Old 05-16-2008, 09:29 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Switzer High perf exhuast!!!!!

Call Tym Switzer. His exhuast sounds fantastic!!
I have one or you can ask anybody that Paulie Walnut's has been spanking lately.

PM me with any questions.

Marty K.

Attached Images     
Old 05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
There's NOTHING like adding external wastegates to the car if you want more noise. That plus some GT35's and HUGE headers, there's not much else you can do. The truth is that Turbocharged cars are "quieted" somewhat by the very fact that there are these PESKY turbochargers in the way of otherwise melodious exhaust notes. Larger headers plus larger turbos plus EXTERNAL wastegates will give you the noise that you seem to crave. With the external wastegates you might then need a boost controller. Check with the guys who sold you the GT700 kit and see what they can do for you on the external wastegates. More exhaust SOUND means you need more FLOW and thus my comments on the way to open this up while keeping your ECU-TUNING in tact.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 05-16-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
For loud and the max power (with a muffler) the Fabspeed Gen1 system is going to be the way to go.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed is a great system, loud and free flowing. Backpressure wont give you any torque, doesnt really work that way on turbo cars.

I really want to see more Switzer stuff on some cars though, so I recommend that also.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
speed yellow is right on im doing externals very soon... im running a custom 3 in . with straight through 3 in Burns race mufllers , and no cats ... that sounds insane ... cant wait to hear eveything working together,

Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
www.bbiautosport.com They can't be beat.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Banned
cfi_luz is infamous around these parts
How is the drone on the systems without cats? Thinking of making bypass pipes for my speedtech setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best loud exhaust for my GT700?