996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Garage floor installed..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Classic Black and White Check. It will look great with your tool box and matching cabinets!

Old 07-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
I agree with Eric. Maybe a light gray with the black is what Pumpkin recommends.

Darren, I went to Home Depot and they had good sized chips to look at. THe ones at Lowes were only 1in by 1in. That is really hard to figure out what you like. I went with the light gray and dusty purple to match the house. It flows better when the garage is open. I will also be putting up an accent stripe about 5ft. up. It will most likely be just a 12in. strip of our trim color. Now to get pictures and lighting

PS: I will post another picture or two of Pumkin tomorrow. THis cat is an absolute crack up. He helps me in most things I do. I was painting trim on the upper part of my house and up the ladder he came.

If you guys have any more questions feel free to email me. I want to help.

Old 05-20-2005, 03:21 PM
SteveL1 is infamous around these parts
I'm very curious to see how the tile has held up now that it's been down for 6+ months and experienced a Denver winter. Any lifting issues??? What about dings, dents, etc??? Stains from oil or other chemicals??? Any issues where the exposed edge is at the driveway??? Can you post a curfrent pic to show tire tracking if any??

Any lastly, once you buffed and waxed, how slippery was it with melted snow??? My wife is allready pissed off enough with the painted floor!

Oh, and would you do the same again given the chance??? Thanks!

Old 05-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
huge improvement, looks great

Old 05-20-2005, 04:03 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Tim,
what happened to ur car?

Old 05-21-2005, 07:51 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by SteveL1
I'm very curious to see how the tile has held up now that it's been down for 6+ months and experienced a Denver winter. Any lifting issues??? What about dings, dents, etc??? Stains from oil or other chemicals??? Any issues where the exposed edge is at the driveway??? Can you post a curfrent pic to show tire tracking if any??

Any lastly, once you buffed and waxed, how slippery was it with melted snow??? My wife is allready pissed off enough with the painted floor!

Oh, and would you do the same again given the chance??? Thanks!
I am also curious about how well the tile has held up. The sales people at Lowes told me that Armstrong will not honor the warranty if the tiles are subjected to extreme temps from an unheated or uncooled garage.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:57 AM
vtgts300kw is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
Tim,
what happened to ur car?
ummm, this thread is fairly old?

Old 05-21-2005, 08:09 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
That's a big cat!!!

Old 05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I went with black and white - in my opinion it is the best combo. Here is a picture of the completed garage - I know this is an old picture, sorry to those that have already seen it -

Old 05-21-2005, 03:10 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
I did the same as the other Tim....

I have had my Armstrong VCT down now for well over 6 months and have always parked 3 of our cars in the garage (ML430, Mini Cooper S and my 911 TT).

I've found that the new set of tires on the ML have re-acted and discolored the grey tiles a little, but they can be buffed up again.

Under the 911TT right hand side turbo a couple of the tiles have shifted by about 1/10th of an inch.

All of the tiles have gotten a bit scratched due to our dog tearing around the garage - but again the floor buffs up ok.

Overall I'm pleased with the result and amount of wear and would certainly do it again.

edit - so I messed up on the pictures. Cut and paste the links seems to work.

Old 05-21-2005, 03:37 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Have any of you guys seen these?????

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00963024000

It works out to $2.75/sf. That doesn't sound too bad to me!

Old 05-21-2005, 03:38 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Here is a pic.......

Old 05-21-2005, 03:40 PM
KPV
And more...........

Old 05-21-2005, 04:06 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
That looks nice Ken.

Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
That red/black looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Garage floor installed..........