996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What else can I use besides Mobilube PTX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
What else can I use besides Mobilube PTX?

I can't find this stuff anywhere.
Can I use Amsoil 75W-90??
Has anyone tried this with success?
what other brands do you guys recommend?

THANK YOU

Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Surf a bit, you will find it. I can get it in little old Kelowna through a commercial lube company, just phone around. There must be a Mobil distribution centre in Alberta. Ask for SHC 75-90

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
triple_nickel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SXN
I can't find this stuff anywhere.
Can I use Amsoil 75W-90??
Has anyone tried this with success?
what other brands do you guys recommend?

THANK YOU

Delvac Synthetic 75W-90

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...90_80W-140.asp

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
You can also use Swepco 201

Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
If you track your car very much a good choice is Neo 75-90 RHD.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
thanks for the help guys.. but I can't get any type of mobil gear oil here.
and they haven't even heard of swepco...

Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I couldn't find the Neo locally. I just got online and ordered it. Don't know if they have international distributors but would be worth a Googling for all these lubes.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Try these guy's, I am sure they can point you in the right direction, they are in Edmonto to.

I just did a search on Mobil.ca...simple as that!

http://www.mcewens.ca/

Old 05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
SXN
THANKS BIGBADBEN!!!!
You saved the day bro.. I seriously called at least 20 places..
This is just the regular 75W-90.. its not the LS or the PTX.. is that ok?

I owe u a beer brother.. msg me if u ever head down this way.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:02 PM
No problem. OEM is Mobilube SHC 75W-90. If the stuff they are recommending meets that spec you should be good to go. I purchased 6 jugs of the above a while back as I do all my own work on my car.

You should hook up with Zippy (Mike) on here, he is in Edmonton and drives an EVOMS GT700.

Thanks for the beer offer

Ben

Old 05-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
No problem. OEM is Mobilube SHC 75W-90. If the stuff they are recommending meets that spec you should be good to go. I purchased 6 jugs of the above a while back as I do all my own work on my car.

You should hook up with Zippy (Mike) on here, he is in Edmonton and drives an EVOMS GT700.

Thanks for the beer offer

Ben

My understanding from Mobil is that Mobilube SHC is discontinued with the replacement being the Mobil Delvac Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90 I mentioned above. I guess if they have a bunch of SHC in stock you should get a good price.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Go with what Triple is saying, he is in the know about the new stuff. Thanks for the heads up.

B

Old 05-20-2008, 10:03 PM
SXN
Originally Posted by triple_nickel
My understanding from Mobil is that Mobilube SHC is discontinued with the replacement being the Mobil Delvac Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90 I mentioned above. I guess if they have a bunch of SHC in stock you should get a good price.

thanks triple_nickel.. mcewen's doesn't carry this either.. just the reg 75W-90.. I just finished flushing out the tranny and it's much smoother..
I hope I can find that Delvac type next.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by SXN
thanks triple_nickel.. mcewen's doesn't carry this either.. just the reg 75W-90.. I just finished flushing out the tranny and it's much smoother..
I hope I can find that Delvac type next.

I get it from here in the states:

http://www.lnengineering.com/store/c...61aca3edd00dfe

Old 05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
Anyone tried Swepco 201?
Any Porsche shops/tuners w/ experiences with them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What else can I use besides Mobilube PTX?