996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS V-Flow feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:14 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Gen 1:

Gen 2: with new Venturi (red peice)

The thin black waffle peice from the factory unit needs to be put into the new Venturi opening.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:26 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Thanks for posting the pictures. I have the new one fortunately. Hopefully I'll avoid any blown maf.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I am pretty sure that for those of you that purchased a Gen 1 from EVOMS that want a Gen 2 Venturi, they will send you a new Billett (red) one for free. Give them a call.
You will still need your stock Waffle to put into the new part.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Do a search for intakes...there might be some other brands you'll want to consider. IMO, EVO is hard to get a hold of...and I think there have been other members that have said the same...

Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I for some reason you have a hard time getting a hold of somebody at Evo, you can call any one of their distributors (There are at least 5 that sponsor this forum) and they can get you what you need quickly.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 PM
wyldfyre is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking of adding it to my X50. What's the average price on these?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 PM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
i have an evo vflow GEN1 that will be coming out of my car shortly. Selling because i'm worried about smogging the car in CA with a visibly different cone filter. Nice product, never had any MAF probs. Owned the car for 3k miles. I'll be posting it for sale for $475 if anyone wants it PM me.

Cheers,
Boris

Old 05-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Here's a before and after on my car.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Oh and one of my hot wife

Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Indykid
Oh and one of my hot wife

Looks like a real keeper, what's the specs? J/k Congrats, she's a cutie.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:21 AM
deandob is infamous around these parts
I can't understand how the physics of this particular device (and others similar to it) can improve power / response over the stock unit (especially with a better filter like a BMC).

Just looking at the pictures shows the advantages of the stock setup. The stock box has the following advantages:
- Better sealing of engine hot air from the intake air
- More filter surface area
- Better airflow (less restriction), eg. the v-flow goes from a small intake chamber through a narrow separator / channel, then back to a larger chamber with the filter. By comparison the airflow in the stock box will be less restrictive and less turbulence.

Maybe they have done something really funky with the proportions or flow design to improve over stock, but I don't think so.

A local tuner told me that they dyno'd a 996tt with and without the stock paper airfilter and it made no difference to the performance.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by deandob
- Better sealing of engine hot air from the intake air
- More filter surface area
- Better airflow (less restriction), eg. the v-flow goes from a small intake chamber through a narrow separator / channel, then back to a larger chamber with the filter. By comparison the airflow in the stock box will be less restrictive and less turbulence.
1) The V Flow has better sealing directly from the decklid.
2) The filter surface area (If you were to open it up) on the cone filter is larger than the OEM filter.
3) The V flow provides better airflow with than the stock box.
I don't know how you can say that the stock box is less restrictive and has less tubulence.

It is impossible to look at pictures and provide an educated opinion on what you are looking at. The best thing to do is put one on a car and do a before and after dyno like many have done to see that there is a difference, (even if not a huge one) giving the V-Flow the win for the "better" airbox/intake.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
1) The V Flow has better sealing directly from the decklid.
2) The filter surface area (If you were to open it up) on the cone filter is larger than the OEM filter.
3) The V flow provides better airflow with than the stock box.
I don't know how you can say that the stock box is less restrictive and has less tubulence.

It is impossible to look at pictures and provide an educated opinion on what you are looking at. The best thing to do is put one on a car and do a before and after dyno like many have done to see that there is a difference, (even if not a huge one) giving the V-Flow the win for the "better" airbox/intake.
I've never dyno'ed my car but I could feel a much improved throttle response and slightly quicker spool.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Indykid
I've never dyno'ed my car but I could feel a much improved throttle response and slightly quicker spool.
Everybody else does too.

Thanks for the pics!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Indy Kid,

I must admit, I like your style!!

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS V-Flow feedback