996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMS V-Flow feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:37 AM
Ray C. is infamous around these parts
EVOMS V-Flow feedback

I am considering purchasing the EVOMS V-Flow cold air system for my 996tt. Does anyone have feedback on the system including the install? Thanks in Advance. Ray

Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
v-flow

use the search engine there is plenty of info here.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:46 AM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
blown maf's seem to be a problem.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Previously

Originally Posted by jbpricemd
blown maf's seem to be a problem.
The "OLD sTYLE" V-Flow had that problem. The new filter system has apparently cured that according to Todd Z.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Install is pretty easy. I must have done it 8 times.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
The install was a breeze. Took me less than an hour to remove the OEM air box and replace it with the Evons V-Flow. Make sure that you have the new design and that you remove the "waffle" from the OEM unit and install it on the V-Flow. This oversight caused me to pop 3 mafs. No more issues with the MAF since putting the OEM "waffle" on the V-Flow. VERY happy with the unit. One note of caution though. When the car sits in a rain storm or I wash the car, water collects at the bottom of the V-Flow and will cause the car to sputter because of water ingestion. I drilled two 5/8th holes at the bottom of the unit to allow any collected water to drain out. This fixed the problem for the most part, but I still take it easy until I feel comfortable that all the water has drained out and the air filter is dry.

Last edited by Valley996TT; 05-22-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Like others said:
1) Make sure it's a Gen 2 with the new Venturi
2) Take the waffle off the Oem unit
3) Enjoy with no blown maf's!

My father has one on his GT2 and loves it with no issues.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
My car, that I've had for a whole 5 days now, has the V flow intake. How does one check to see what generation intake it is? I'd like to avoid any MAF issues. Thanks

Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Mad Power

Old 05-22-2008, 01:17 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Like others said:
1) Make sure it's a Gen 2 with the new Venturi
2) Take the waffle off the Oem unit
3) Enjoy with no blown maf's!

My father has one on his GT2 and loves it with no issues.
How can you tell if it's Gen2?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Ray C. is infamous around these parts
Thanks for sharing the experiences; Please post any pictures you have of the "waffle" and the 2nd generation V-Flow. This will help those of us that are weighing the decision. Thanks

Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Mad Power
Yup, I just had to buy new tires.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
My opinion of the V-Flow:

Great bang for the buck mod: some more power, spools faster and the sounds are very great with it!

But on the other hand, there will/can be blown MAFs. It seems approx one MAF per every season is the "consumption"

Old 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ReeknHavic
My car, that I've had for a whole 5 days now, has the V flow intake. How does one check to see what generation intake it is? I'd like to avoid any MAF issues. Thanks
Can you post a pic of it?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:59 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Mad Power

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS V-Flow feedback