996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

At what point do you start to lose drivability?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It ain't totally broke-in yet, brother. Trust me.

Mine took a few moderate launches at the dragstrip until it finally broke in.
Sean.. Take the GT2 to the track.. Never!

A clutch like that takes awhile to break in. My unsprung pucked clutch chatters a ton, but I'm use to that from my Mustang days.

Now whats a ***** is my brother McLeod Dual Disk Clutch in his Vette. It is a pain the *** to drive honestly!

Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Sean.. Take the GT2 to the track.. Never!

A clutch like that takes awhile to break in. My unsprung pucked clutch chatters a ton, but I'm use to that from my Mustang days.

Now whats a ***** is my brother McLeod Dual Disk Clutch in his Vette. It is a pain the *** to drive honestly!
Ya right! Your clutch is so much harder then my Mcleod to drive! My **** is like stock, ok maybe atlittle harder then stock but not bad at all. You just dont know how to drive standerd that well!
Matt

Old 05-23-2008, 03:07 PM
DJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of lightDJ'sZ is a glorious beacon of light
I got to thinking bout the OP's question. My answer; "When you try to run with a "slightly" modded C6 Z06".

Sorry, I had too... ...let the flaming begin.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Scott,

The one day I spent at the dragstrip significantly improved my clutch, no doubt.

Seal,

I am interested in seeing what your car runs in the 60-130. The record for a stage 2 is Ryan's (TxGold) 8.40. It ran pretty close w/ my SC M3 when we met in Mexico.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
It seems like in Texas, you guys get to hit 130 on the way home from work everyday.
Here in NYC, "Mexico" is a lot harder to find (not to mention enough time away from my desk).
Ryan sure did run a sick time. I may just have to jetison AWD, strip my car down and run some race gas to keep up.