996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Kit Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yep should easily be there... I will PM you the tracking info.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Adam did your intake come in?

Old 07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
What's the latest feedback on these carbon airbox setups? What does the second snorkel look like? Is it available now? TIA

Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Former Vendor
lots of positive feedback on the intakes. cant keep them instock. they are all presold and shipped once ready. HP speaks for itself based on the dyno chart on the 1st post.

2nd snorkel, no ETA yet. I saw the mold for it, working on it, just a process and not top top priority. The snorkel will help in air flow and cooling.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vividracing
Adam did your intake come in?
Just saw this thread.

I was on vacation the past week, so I just picked up the intake from Fedex today. I spent the last 45 minutes installing it. It was definitely more difficult to install than the v-flow, and I still haven't got it right...it's in, but still needs some fine-tuning. It looks great, but the decklid doesn't want to close correctly. I am tired and don't feel like fiddiling with it tonight, so I'll finish up tomorrow. I haven't driven the car yet either, so I can't give my impressions.

I'll update everyone tomorrow...

Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Good to hear. Send me some pics. Yes being 2 part it does take some fine tuning. But I install each box before it leaves here to make sure it fits properly. Its all the same mold so should be fine. Let me know!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor
Update - For those that have had issues fitting the right box. We are having a new mold to reduce the height of the right box. If you got yours to fit, awesome. If not, I will send a replacement out. You can and may use that right box until then.

Any questions, just PM me.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Good to hear!! When do you expect to have it finished, and will you send me another right box?

Thanks!!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor
No eta as the new mold was just finished. But in the works. Your trunk will shut, so use the box and enjoy it. When the replacement is ready, we will change it out for you

Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
looks good

Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks Manny! I have 1 available on clearance.

Also I did a video on the install - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkMoSU0-UdU

Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
does this fit on a 996 4S with EVOMS supercharger kit?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
No sorry this is for the 996TT only. For the Carrera go with the K&N - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/k...5-p-24313.html

Old 07-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
air intake

Dan
i wait to get one with dual inlets
let me know when is available!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Former Vendor
Billystang - give me a ring!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Kit Released