996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For all you Lamborghini fans...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 09:53 AM
6.0 se is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
I agree. The interior looks like a kit car...real dated and the motor looks dirty...That car will be one service nightmare...I would have trouble to anti up say $75K. Granted, it's a collectors car for Lambo phreaks, but in my opinion, it looks like a dog w/ different fleas. The countach had much better lines than the "Diab blow" and what's with those cheap *** graphics. Almost looks like you could do a better job with duct tape...
This is my 6.0 se interior. Nothing "kit car ish" about it, unless titanium threaded CF is for kit cars.

Last edited by 6.0 se; 08-04-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:54 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I often wonder. How does the emergency crew get you out of there if you flip? Do the doors open downward also?

Old 08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Hate to say it. But the flat dash and radio cluster makes it look kit-ish. Even the CF can't hide it.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by collin996tt
Hate to say it. But the flat dash and radio cluster makes it look kit-ish. Even the CF can't hide it.
You are the first person I have heard say that about an SE interior. To each his own. Even the Ferrari guys like it, and they hate Lambo's.lol

PS The radio cluster is a Nav, dvd, cd, etc... oh camera also. Has a screen that pops up. Learn something new ,huh?

Old 08-04-2004, 10:12 AM
I often wonder. How does the emergency crew get you out of there if you flip? Do the doors open downward also?
Oh, I see. Your one of THOSE!! I have been driving Lambo's since 82, and have never flipped one. Is that a problem in your P car? Interesting....... If so, I know a good driving school I can send you to. It teaches you how NOT to get upside down in any car.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 6.0 se
Oh, I see. Your one of THOSE!! I have been driving Lambo's since 82, and have never flipped one. Is that a problem in your P car? Interesting....... If so, I know a good driving school I can send you to. It teaches you how NOT to get upside down in any car.
No matter how good a driver you are, you have to becareful of that drunk driver in an SUV... he can really ruin your day...

BTW, beautiful cars... I love them

Old 08-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Never would have guessed brown leather & CF would look that good.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Awesome TT. Gotta love it.
aj ... how come the new name? Got banned in the thread that disappeared after showing some blue and white bottles in a Lambo? LMAO
PS ... hate to say it ... but all that cf does look awkward. Must be the pics. I,d have left the steering wheel alone, as well as the tunnel. Cover it with alcantara or something.

Mean words aside ... How would your Nossed up 6.0 compare with the VTTT? Power, durability and all???

Old 08-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Z0RR0
Awesome TT. Gotta love it.
aj ... how come the new name? Got banned in the thread that disappeared after showing some blue and white bottles in a Lambo? LMAO
PS ... hate to say it ... but all that cf does look awkward. Must be the pics. I,d have left the steering wheel alone, as well as the tunnel. Cover it with alcantara or something.

Mean words aside ... How would your Nossed up 6.0 compare with the VTTT? Power, durability and all???
Hey Julien. No ,same name, the one I always use. I think they locked that other thread, no fault of mine. I was a gentleman while being insulted at every turn. Why cant car guys just get along. I love P cars, had many, and think they are incredible.

PS The NOSed up 6.0 would eat the twin turbo alive, in all ranges. And I can take mine to the grocery store!!

Last edited by 6.0 se; 08-04-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Zippy
Never would have guessed brown leather & CF would look that good.
Thanks Zippy. There's one on the plus side.lol

Old 08-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by mehrabani1
No matter how good a driver you are, you have to becareful of that drunk driver in an SUV... he can really ruin your day...

BTW, beautiful cars... I love them
Thank you. I guess you guys are serious as to how you get out of the car if you flip? Its actually the same as any car that flips. You crawl out the front or side windows, assuming your doors are still intact. Hey, here's one for you. Suppose you drive off the road into a ditch, and your traditional opening door wont open because the side of the ditch is in the way. I just pop mine up and scurry out. Here's another one. You get in a wreck, and dont flip(more likely), but the other car is blocking your door, or its crushed and wont open. Mine just pops up. Lots of scenarios, 6 of one, half dozen of another. Here's a real positive to the doors. Your at the local Walmart, and some guy parks so close to you , .....you know the rest. LOL. I hope I never get flipped, thats all. Its the least of my worries when I cross 220mph and hope the tires are going to stay together.

Last edited by 6.0 se; 08-04-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:40 AM
I was just pulling your leg Yes, most emergence crews would extract the occupants thru the window or cut the door down if a car flips. And there are many reasons why a car could end up upside down, even for a low slung car like a lambo. It's call an "accident" and can happen to the best race drivers in the world.

Here's a good one. Is there enough clearance in those car-hauling trailers to swing the door up to enter/exit?
Or do they have to put it on the top deck?

This reminds of the story about the M1A1 tank that flip into the river in Iraq. The soldiers inside drowned because there is no escape hatch besides the one ontop of the tank.
Yikes. Not good to flip the turtle.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 6.0 se
This is my 6.0 se interior. Nothing "kit car ish" about it, unless titanium threaded CF is for kit cars.

Wow!!! Guess I agree with you there!!! Your interior is sweet...Guess I should have limited my comment towards the car in question...Your car on the other hand is very nice. CF and dark brown is an awesome combo!!! :-)

Old 08-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
LOVE the VTTT, it needs to be stripped of the decals and painted black, but man is it mean.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:52 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
have you been in a pre 996 P car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all you Lamborghini fans...