996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My thoughts on the Protomotive 650 package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
SMR-
Don't confuse poor driving with poor tuning! I am a novice and posted the time as a way of laughing at myself. Woodster has a turbo and ran a 6.90....if you have a gt2 you should be faster than that with the same tune, no?
Tom.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Hey guys,

I just got back from doing some 60-130 runs on pump fuel. I'm pretty happy with the rresults. I ran a 7.70 with one shift. The shift was about .3 seconds. I just sent the file to Scott for verification. BTW, the temp was 83 degrees with 43% humidity.

This was with 93 octane and 1.05bar of boost. My car is basically full weight with AWD, but I have removed the rear seats and rear wiper.

My car is almost out of fuel, so I'll be putting in some ms103 now and try again later today. Hopefully I will better the time with race fuel!!!

Last edited by Adam Bowles; 06-01-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:43 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by $manager
SMR-
Don't confuse poor driving with poor tuning! I am a novice and posted the time as a way of laughing at myself. Woodster has a turbo and ran a 6.90....if you have a gt2 you should be faster than that with the same tune, no?
Tom.
Fastes stage one is like 7,9 or someting, i hope a proto 650 is in the 6,5 ball park in a Gt2

Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Where are there any stage 1 cars that run 7.9?????

Your car is basically a Stage 4, so you are on par with other Stage 4 cars...

Old 06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
how much is a PE650 kit going for........

Old 06-01-2008, 03:13 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
All the stg 2's get close to 9.5 in 60-130.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Just got back from the first try with race gas...7.29 from what I can tell, but we'll see what Scott thinks. I just sent him the file.

This was with a full tank of ms103 at 1.18bar. The car just pulls so hard at that boost level, and although Todd says I can run 1.25, I want to take it easy for now. My afr's were still high 11's, so there is plenty of room left.

I think my car is fast, but I can't imagine what Scott's, Markski's, and Joe's cars are like...someday maybe!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
SMR
SMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the roughSMR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Where are there any stage 1 cars that run 7.9?????

Your car is basically a Stage 4, so you are on par with other Stage 4 cars...

My car has the same mods like 9elven has and he also ran 7,84

Modds we have are, exhoust,airfilter, software uppgraded wg, thats all, not turbos or nothing

Old 06-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Good runs, I've run around at 1.2-1.25 bar for a while on the Profec and sent the logs to Todd, he said the car ran great and was very strong, give it a shot. What box did you use to do the measurements ? I need to invest in something so I can play around on the street and see what results I can get.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by SMR
My car has the same mods like 9elven has and he also ran 7,84

Modds we have are, exhoust,airfilter, software uppgraded wg, thats all, not turbos or nothing
Ok, you have what EVOMS calls a "Stage 3". Since your car comes w/ k24's, you don't need to upgrade the turbos to be at that stage.

Those are great times, don't get me wrong, but Stage 1 cars don't run 7.9 second 60-130's.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
Good runs, I've run around at 1.2-1.25 bar for a while on the Profec and sent the logs to Todd, he said the car ran great and was very strong, give it a shot. What box did you use to do the measurements ? I need to invest in something so I can play around on the street and see what results I can get.
Thanks Wes. The car still had plenty of fuel at that boost level, so I'm sure it could handle 1.25bar. This was the first time I've messed with race fuel, so I was just playing it safe.

I've got a Performance Box, from V-Box USA. Here is a link... http://www.vboxusa.com/performancedrift/

Are you planning on doing the PE700 in the future???

Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
chenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the rough
Just got back from the first try with race gas...7.29 from what I can tell, but we'll see what Scott thinks. I just sent him the file.

This was with a full tank of ms103 at 1.18bar. The car just pulls so hard at that boost level, and although Todd says I can run 1.25, I want to take it easy for now. My afr's were still high 11's, so there is plenty of room left.

I think my car is fast, but I can't imagine what Scott's, Markski's, and Joe's cars are like...someday maybe!!!
congratulation!!!

I got the same K24/18Gs as yours. I am planning on upgrade the fuel system step by step with the help of Todd. I wish to get my first piece within the next few weeks. The 100-200 & 200-300 Km/h records of mine are already done. I will find out what improvement I can get after this ^^.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
SMR,

PM Paulie Walnuts about how his car "stacks up" against my 6.9 60-130 mph (2 shift)
and Dr. Jitsu's 6.69 60-130 mph cars. With these turbos you would decimate your current set-up (on a GT2).

Paulie has turbos, tune and FPR. some would call this a stage 2 and it fricken Rips
and then some!!!

MK

MK

Old 06-02-2008, 03:30 AM
SMR
Ok, you have what EVOMS calls a "Stage 3". Since your car comes w/ k24's, you don't need to upgrade the turbos to be at that stage.

Those are great times, don't get me wrong, but Stage 1 cars don't run 7.9 second 60-130's.

Okey but its stage 1 for me, or we can say Gt2 stage 1..

Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 AM
SMR
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
SMR,

PM Paulie Walnuts about how his car "stacks up" against my 6.9 60-130 mph (2 shift)
and Dr. Jitsu's 6.69 60-130 mph cars. With these turbos you would decimate your current set-up (on a GT2).

Paulie has turbos, tune and FPR. some would call this a stage 2 and it fricken Rips
and then some!!!

MK

MK
This sounds good, tell me more

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My thoughts on the Protomotive 650 package