996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt - Brake Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 AM
Westy is infamous around these parts
996tt - Brake Upgrades

What options are there for Brake Upgrades on the 996tt running standard wheels??

Regards

Old 05-30-2008, 05:59 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Check out mikelly's thread here for a pretty comprehensive conversation on the subject:

996 Turbo Brake Information - DIY and Sorting truth from Fiction!

Old 05-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Suncoast sells a nice kit which consists of GT2/3 6-piston calipers and 350mm front rotors. It also includes all the necessary hardware for install.

I went with this kit, and it has been great so far. The brakes fit under 18" OEM wheels, and provide less fade and easier modulation IMO. The kit retails for $2,600, so it is very reasonably priced as BBK's go.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Suncoast sells a nice kit which consists of GT2/3 6-piston calipers and 350mm front rotors. It also includes all the necessary hardware for install.

I went with this kit, and it has been great so far. The brakes fit under 18" OEM wheels, and provide less fade and easier modulation IMO. The kit retails for $2,600, so it is very reasonably priced as BBK's go.
Have you a link to this Kit??

Regards

Old 05-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
That's the one!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
That's the one!
Do you ship to the UK or have a UK supplier??

Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
The Suncoast kit is VERY good, but if you want even better, get a full Brembo GT kit.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
The Suncoast kit is VERY good, but if you want even better, get a full Brembo GT kit.
Link??

Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
im looking for a BBK also i think the stock brakes suck .

Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Westy
Do you ship to the UK or have a UK supplier??
We don't manufacture the parts, we're a Porsche dealership, do we don't have any of our own suppliers or distributors.

But we will ship anywhere in the world. I just sent this exact kit to Shanghai not that long ago!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
It's a good choice

Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
And what about the rear brake system of the 997 TT ?
Is it a direct bolt on for the 996 TT ?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
The 997 Turbo is a direct bolt on for the rear. I'm running ther 997 Turbo rear rotors with stock 996TT calipers, with the aid of caliper spacers and the 997 Turbo caliper bolts.

I've run them at 4 track days and 1500 miles worth of street driving with no issues... I'm seeing increadibly high speeds and low lap times, running Pagid yellow pads and showing little to no wear.

Mike

Old 05-31-2008, 01:33 AM
ThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud ofThePunisher has much to be proud of
Thank you Mike, this is what i wanted to know !
I'm running the full 997 TT braking system in front ( 997TT rotors and 996GT2/3 calipers ) and it really works great ... no fading, great power ... with AP racing 660 braking fluid and the stock braking system on the rear !!
Here comes the problem if you go on the track... or at least this is my experience !
With the PSM on, on a wet track, the rear braking system continues working and never has the possibility to get low temperatures ... consequently i had to stop because of the huge fading and too high braking fluid temperatures !
(I have seen the PORSCHE logo on the rear calipers completely carbonized together with the sensors of the pads )!
Do you think guys, a 350 mm rotors in the rear too could help me ????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996tt - Brake Upgrades