996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got the SL65!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 02:49 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
Just got the SL65!

My mothers SL65 just came in to our dealership this morning...

I drove it a little, but had to get it to PDI. It is pretty unbelievable.

I will post a report on it this weekend when I get some more seat time.

As far as the car goes, it is Black/Black. The only thing we are doing to it is the RENNTech reflash which brings the car to ~670HP/840TQ. This will be within the next two weeks so we will see how it is.

Anyways, I know some are interested in the car so stay tuned

Old 07-23-2004, 02:51 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
840TQ!!! Holy krap!

Old 07-23-2004, 02:55 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Woohoo, can't wait to hear about it.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:59 AM
JamE55 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

So uummm where's the pics?

Old 07-23-2004, 03:03 AM
Banned
renntech36 is infamous around these partsrenntech36 is infamous around these parts
yes, I will try to get a good write up for it. The car should be out of PDI/detail etc. tomorrow for me to take home.

As most of you know, I am pretty bad about the whole picture thing, and like most of you know, not because I am a BS'er, but I always seem to have trouble hosting pics. I will try to get some posted though as the car is pretty damn cool.

I can say, and I am sure Shank's car is similar with the ECU upgrades on the SL600, traction is gonna be a *****!

Old 07-23-2004, 03:11 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
If you are having trouble with the pics email them to me at djj911@yahoo.com

Old 07-23-2004, 03:15 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
does the SL65 have the new bodykit with the big holes in the side or is that just an option? from the pictures i've seen of it i think it's pretty ugly.

Old 07-23-2004, 03:47 AM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice

Old 07-23-2004, 03:52 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
yes, this thread is indeed worthless without pics.....preferably smokey burnout pics

Old 07-23-2004, 04:04 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by dan996tt
Come on man, the guy just told you how excited he is about his new car...and you tell him you think it's ugly

A little rude don't you think?
i'm sure it doesn't look bad in person. Mercedes very rarely makes an ugly car. I've only seen press photos of it though and it looked a bit awkward. The main gist of my post was intended to be, "i'm interested in seeing the pictures so they can prove my previous conceptions wrong."

Sorry if it came off rude...busy day.

-Steve

Old 07-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Banned
yes the car has very large *fuctional* brake ducts on each side of the front spoiler. Also, the front spoiler is very sculpted and over exaggerated for the very aggressive look. In person, it looks excellent and much more aggressive than the standard AMG Body Package...The front end of the car is the same part # and design as that off of the SL55 Formula 1 Pace Car.

I will get pics once I get it home!

Old 07-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Mark M is infamous around these parts
My mothers SL65 just came in to our dealership this morning...
Your "mom" is really going to drive this beast? I find that hard to believe! Sounds like full power will be useless below 80mph due to traction problems. Good luck and let us know how it runs

Old 07-23-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Mark M
Your "mom" is really going to drive this beast? I find that hard to believe! Sounds like full power will be useless below 80mph due to traction problems. Good luck and let us know how it runs
my "mom" drove an SL55 for a year (then it broke).

-Steve

Old 07-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Mark M is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by SteveH
my "mom" drove an SL55 for a year (then it broke).

-Steve
LOL, some fast "mothas" out there
I guess speed runs in the blood of these families
I would get a kick out of having my doors blown off by these "moms"!

Last edited by Mark M; 07-23-2004 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Mark M
LOL, some fast "mothas" out there
I guess speed runs in the blood of these families
I would get a kick out of having my doors blown off by these "moms"!
my mom drives nice cars but she still drives them like a mom. we (my father and i) pick them for her simply because we like them. She probably never got the throttle more than a quarter way down on the SL55. When they bought it back we got her an SL500...she couldn't care less and actually prefers the 500 because it's a more girly color.

-Steve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got the SL65!