996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Give me some ideas for mounting gauges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Give me some ideas for mounting gauges

Hey guys,

I need your guidance please. Now that I have a double DIN navigation system and the Greddy boost controller, I don't have room for my Brockway R920 in the center stack. I considered getting a Brockway R2000, which does everything the R920 does except it displays info on my navigation screen, but apparently they don't make them anymore. I mainly use the R920 for AFR's, but it's also a handy multi-gauge.

I mainly need a way to monitor AFR's, and have considered getting an AFR gauge and mounting it next to my Greddy, but I'm afraid it will look out of place. I've also thought about putting the Greddy above the navigation, but I think that will look out of place also, plus it may not fit.

Is there anything similar to the R2000 that displays info on the navigation screen?

Here is a picture of my center stack as-is...

When using my R920, I have to just set it by the shifter and hope it doesn't go flying when I punch it. It's kinda a PITA!!

Does anybody have any ideas? What have others in this situation done?

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

Adam

Old 06-05-2008, 07:11 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I did my brockway like this, does that help at all?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TTpics 023.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	71174  
Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
tone01 is infamous around these parts
look for a used a piller cover [the one by your window] and mount a gauge there. that what i did easy to see. then when you decide to sell you can just put the original one back .it pops right out

Old 06-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I wish mine looked like that...but where would I mount the Greddy???

Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by tone01
look for a used a piller cover [the one by your window] and mount a gauge there. that what i did easy to see. then when you decide to sell you can just put the original one back .it pops right out
You did that on a 996tt? If so, do you have any pictures??

Old 06-05-2008, 07:35 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
The greddy could go into the bat wing, they come apart and once out of the ABS plastic box they are small.I had the carbon fiber custom made by MAcarbon, I know they made a few from mine.here is the link
http://www.macarbon.com/store/brockw...panel-253.html

Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks kilrgt!!!

Does anyone know about the HKS Camp 2? Here is a link.. https://www.mynismo.com/products/Def...id=7144&v=more

It hooks up to the nav screen, and does everything the R2000 does...I think. It does say that AFR monitoring is optional, but it also states that monitoring capabilities very by vehicle, so it may monitor AFR's...

If anyone has used the Camp 2, please give me your opinion of it.

Thanks guys!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I like it.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I tried to keep all the nav stuff etc, but then just gave up and just glad I still have a radio even though cant hear it and never use it!!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Gauges in a Turbo:

The first pic is markski

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	markskis gauges.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	71195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zietronix air fuel ratio gauge.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	71196   Click image for larger version

Name:	how my gauges should look.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	71197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Greddy boost location.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	71198  
Old 06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Take out the pocket, move the AC up one spot, put the Greddy in the "batwing", and you have TONS of room for gauges.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Contact Zippy on this forum. He had a A Pillar Gauge holder that the didn't end up using. Maybe he'll sell it to you.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies, guys. Since the Greddy has to stay, I'm thinking about just getting an AFR gauge. Which one do you guys recommend?

How involved is the install of an AFR gauge??

Thanks guys!!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok, after researching it a bit, I think I will get the "AEM Six-in-One Gauge Type UEGO Controller". It shows AFR and Lambda, has a digital readout, and a light-bar readout.

It uses a wideband o2 sensor, so can I just splice my current o2 sensor, or do I have to install another?

Jimmer, how did you install yours? Have you been happy with it?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:29 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Comes with it's own dedicated sensor - better to use that one.

The install was ok. When I had my exhaust made, they welded in another O2 bung. Just threw it in there, routed the wires through the rear firewall and up the transmission tunnel. Took a night to do, but in the end I'm really happy with the results. Do the boost gauge at the same time because routing the wires through the grommet in the firewall is a bit of a hassle, and you only want to do it once - trust me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Give me some ideas for mounting gauges