996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nitto NT-01

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Kaizu, you have a short memory my friend, I remember myself and Jean having a discussion regarding your TRULY AMAZING lap time, rember saying this: So thanks for tips if you have any experience.
With these specs and my poor driving a lap of 7.50 at Nürburgring Nordschleife BTG Touristenfahrten is possible according my PBOX data, next year will hopefully be even better

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=112326

Then you went onto say you could probably do a 7:48

And when Jimmer come on and mentioned he would have the upmost respect for anyone who breaks 8min, you replied Thanks Man

What a load of crap, you do 7:48, I will honestly attempt to eat a used Toyo888, I have told you before, my friend Mark Foster who virtually lives on the Ring with his PSI race car can just get under 8min
I stay silent about these things in the future so no worries mate. But I do not want to see as liar around here:

I stand corrected, and the 7:48 was took from PBOX data by my friend who knows to use that software
(Back then had to post something "stupid" proof like that because on Rennlist or somewhere people thought I could not drive that well...)

The fast guys can drive with traffic under 8min and without it under 7.50 or so. I don't understand why it is so hard to believe. That's why because most guys on these forums are interested only about 800hp+ or big rims? Or that's why because the place is too filled with random tourists?

HvS really is one of the fastest drivers there. See his various times from the last page of Sport Auto Magazine and substract about 15-20 seconds from there and you see what would be his BTG time. Then you'll see I have a lot to learn (or I just like to drive within my comfort-zone like I do )

You should not be that hostile towards me if you didn't make the same time right on your first visit or if a friend of yours can't either
In any case the traffic and roadwork makes it still difficult so no need to try to get a really low lap time there. For example I rarely have taken times there, it's all about the experience.

What a crazy discussion, I hope I don't have anything to add to this. Well perhaps this one thing: if I am there on a dinner with some really experienced fast drivers who can push under 7.50 with far less power I almost have to make excuses why I didn't push harder when on this forum it seems to be other way around

Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kaizu
I stay silent about these things in the future so no worries mate. But I do not want to see as liar around here:

I stand corrected, and the 7:48 was took from PBOX data by my friend who knows to use that software
(Back then had to post something "stupid" proof like that because on Rennlist or somewhere people thought I could not drive that well...)

The fast guys can drive with traffic under 8min and without it under 7.50 or so. I don't understand why it is so hard to believe. That's why because most guys on these forums are interested only about 800hp+ or big rims? Or that's why because the place is too filled with random tourists?

HvS really is one of the fastest drivers there. See his various times from the last page of Sport Auto Magazine and substract about 15-20 seconds from there and you see what would be his BTG time. Then you'll see I have a lot to learn (or I just like to drive within my comfort-zone like I do )

You should not be that hostile towards me if you didn't make the same time right on your first visit or if a friend of yours can't either
In any case the traffic and roadwork makes it still difficult so no need to try to get a really low lap time there. For example I rarely have taken times there, it's all about the experience.

What a crazy discussion, I hope I don't have anything to add to this. Well perhaps this one thing: if I am there on a dinner with some really experienced fast drivers who can push under 7.50 with far less power I almost have to make excuses why I didn't push harder when on this forum it seems to be other way around
Fair enough, point taken, maybe a little rash but I just don't believe for one minute you can do a 7:48 or 7:50 for that matter, I know from plenty old school guys that 8min is hard pushed. Are you going over on the 15th?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
For what you describe and the car you're driving, the NT01 is the best choice available.

Last edited by heavychevy; 06-11-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:39 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Does the NT-01 have non-directional or uni-directional tread patterns? I just got a set for my EVO X MR (275-35/18) and noticed the tread pattern looks to be uni-directional but don't see the rotation arrow on the sidewall???
Are what PSI's are you guys running? Cold and hot.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
I believe they are uni-directional. The tires indicate what part of the tread has to stay to the outside. It says "outside" on the side of the tire. I'm running 32 front; 39 rear; cold.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 08-04-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Just an outside and an inside. Not directional.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Norton
You are right, they are asymmetrical non-directional.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Al Norton
But if you were to look at the two pictures below of the rear tires, you'll see the tread patterns are reversed and the different pattern on either side's got to have some effect on handling. Doesn't it?

Left Rear:

Right Rear:

The same reason would apply to the fronts and wouldn't the patterns and the way they rotate affect steering feel or straight line ability?

Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by bli8
But if you were to look at the two pictures below of the rear tires, you'll see the tread patterns are reversed and the different pattern on either side's got to have some effect on handling. Doesn't it?

Left Rear:

Right Rear:

The same reason would apply to the fronts and wouldn't the patterns and the way they rotate affect steering feel or straight line ability?
Not on these tires. That tread design is for letting water escape (not recommended by the way). It has no effect on handling or steering, the tire really starts to work (get sticky) when the tread starts to wear down.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I tell you what though, that looks so like a directional tire, that's unreal!