996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dublinoh
I'm posting this in my garage...I'll read it when I feel weak
LOL

and if u wnat a low 10 second car get a Evo and call it a day...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-12-2008, 02:40 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Car looks perfect! Can you tell me really the difference you feel from the stock springs to the H&R springs? I also have to drive around in the city, LA just like you. I am worried the ride will be poor. The car IMO has to be lowered and I have heard for some that Springs suck and some say they payed for the Coilovers and felt the same as springs. Mixed reviews. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
SlimJim is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
Car looks perfect! Can you tell me really the difference you feel from the stock springs to the H&R springs? I also have to drive around in the city, LA just like you. I am worried the ride will be poor. The car IMO has to be lowered and I have heard for some that Springs suck and some say they payed for the Coilovers and felt the same as springs. Mixed reviews. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Right now it is really hard to say since the springs have not really settled yet and I also have spacers on my car...the ride is definitely worse than stock, however I wont be able to tell you more until I drive it a little more on the hwy, etc. I will probably end up getting some shocks as recommended on the forum. But stocks do feel alot better from the short time that I have driven with this set up...but it was a quick mod I just had to get done.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:28 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Thanks SlimJim.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 AM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
i overpaid every step of the way, trust me, ecu flash and exhaust dv valves, heck, leave the filter everyone loves the oem one so much, my evoms one is causing issues. then DRIVE IT and enjoy it. Work with a local shop that has experience and references of other people.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 AM
4CED INDUCTION is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Green Turbo
Nice first mods. Get an exhaust and a chip and its going to be a new car.
I have only driven mine for two days and I am still impressed with the performance (haven't figured out how to launch without wheel hop yet but...)

I have a K&N filter, dv's and flash en route and hope to do Milltek exhaust in a month so if what you say is true then I will be a happy guy.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
That looks sick! If I got a black 996tt it would be setup just like that!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
Car looks great! I love the stock wheels, especially black!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
"When I first got the car, I told myself that I would not mod it."

Stop it, you're killing me....loud guffawing and sounds of hands slapping thighs.

BTW sweet ride, looks gangster!

Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks guys for all the kind words...got a lot of catching up to do

Old 06-15-2008, 09:46 AM
jt2
jt2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
exhaust, ecu, dvs, filter... AND STOP....
Posting that in this forum is like suggesting holding a NarcAnon meeting in a crackhouse...

Old 06-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Gustaf S is infamous around these parts
Looks very good, Id switch lanes if I saw you in my rear view mirror

Old 06-21-2008, 10:59 AM
How do you like the spacers? You feel any difference on the road? Can't really tell from the pics but I am guessing it looks much more aggressive. Would you still choose the 15mm and the 18mm if you could do it all again.. Thanks!

Old 06-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
How do you like the spacers? You feel any difference on the road? Can't really tell from the pics but I am guessing it looks much more aggressive. Would you still choose the 15mm and the 18mm if you could do it all again.. Thanks!
Well, in terms of looks I like the spacers...it gives that little extra width to the fill in the fenders. I am unsure about the difference in the road as I installed springs at the same time. I can tell you that the driving experience is different with both spacers and springs and will probably have to upgrade the shocks to make it better. I hope this information helps a little.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Look super sinister.... and remember... resistance is futile....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Mods