996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are All 996tt's Equal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:43 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
I think is because most buyers are happy with the stock performance and arenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t really car enthusiast that would want to spend the extra money. Beside, the stock numbers arenĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t too bad compare to most cars on the street

Old 07-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JASCLASS
This will be a perfect question for the 997, the car is going to be more and more common in any version, the target is to get the marque everywhere, I see a lot of 996 cabs where I am and not many TTs at all so the car is sort of rare here, modern day Porsche is not an enthusiast's car anymore, except it for what it is and enjoy it.
I think the CGT, GT2, GT3 and GT3-RS are all enthusiast cars!

Old 07-25-2004, 04:52 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
for sure!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 05:11 AM
rahul is infamous around these parts
if you want exclusivity, which seems to be the case, pay for it! Perhaps an Enzo or a C-GT? Nevertheless, we 're missing the point; to have any porsche is a blessing. Out here in West Texas, many people's houses do not cost as much as a TT! I think who we are should not be synonomous with what we have. My 02 cents.

Old 07-25-2004, 05:17 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Out here in Los Angeles, you can't even touch a house in the ghetto for the price of a CGT, if that gives you any perspective!

Old 07-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I rarely see TT's around here for some reason and when I drive mine people stop and stare...and even (believe it or not) cheer...i like it and don't at the same time...

When I get my 543R's it will look that much more sick..

I like the fact that I got my car stock and modded it myself...even if it is not fair when I see a heavily modded car for sale, my first thought is that it might have been beaten..

Even though in truth the opposite probably is true..

I like virgins...

Maybe others do too...

Old 07-25-2004, 09:12 AM
RKS
RKS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by NoMercy
I say, if you can afford it, buy what you like. Mod until you are happy then repeat the whole process when you get bored.

I never worry about the next buyer. I do what pleases me and will worry about the consequenses when they come.
Exactly, Thats why people who mod should mod for thier own enjoyment and not worry or expect and return on it, just enjoy it.
I think JASCLASS and NoMercy said it best. The joy we get out of our cars with or without mods is priceless!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Joe Weinstein
With this sort of question...

...of yourself or entertained by yourself, as you see fit at the time.
Joe
Joe
way too thoughtful for me

(j/k, good post joe)

Old 07-25-2004, 09:48 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
Out here in Los Angeles, you can't even touch a house in the ghetto for the price of a CGT, if that gives you any perspective!
so true and sad, i've been looking for a good starter home and if you don't have 400K you aren't getting anything.

I don't know how they expect young people/first time buyers to ever purchase a house. Atleast rent prices have gone down, hopefully the market will soon also for my benefit

Old 07-25-2004, 11:44 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
I think the CGT, GT2, GT3 and GT3-RS are all enthusiast cars!
And I agree with that, thats why this household has a 2 and a 3, with that said they should still be lighter.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Boy, getting to the bottom of this question is difficult. Let's make it simple. Two identical 996tt's with the exception one has a navigational system the other doesn't. This is simply for the sake of discussion. It could be other options/mods. Why does the resale seem to be the same?

Old 07-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
This isn't true for new cars, because people order what they
want, but in the aftermarket, it's because the car is a fancy
exotic top-performance sports car, that people are stretching
to get (else they'd buy a new one). The core of the car is the
core of the value. Add-ons are almost a distraction at best. Even
people who intend to modify the car would mostly want to get an
untapped virgin.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
Well as i See it you guys are lucky, you pay a huge amount less for your cars than we do here in Australia, so a Turbo is still somewhat a rarity and out of reach for the majority.

I purchased my car five months ago new and paid $380,000, I had no plans whatsover to modify it until I came across this board.

So to answer your question, If I spend huge amounts of money modding my car, I don't expect to get any of it back nor would I like to return it to stock, a set of aftermarket wheels on a TT here is a big thing let alone what I have in plan for this monster.

Regards

Old 07-25-2004, 09:13 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
Boy, getting to the bottom of this question is difficult. Let's make it simple. Two identical 996tt's with the exception one has a navigational system the other doesn't. This is simply for the sake of discussion. It could be other options/mods. Why does the resale seem to be the same?
Chad, Its simple, options dont bring any value back on resale, I spoke at one point to the dealer about values and he pays the same price for turbos with or without the X50, so people that order it should hope to keep thier car for a while.

Old 07-25-2004, 09:37 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Chad, Its simple, options dont bring any value back on resale, I spoke at one point to the dealer about values and he pays the same price for turbos with or without the X50, so people that order it should hope to keep thier car for a while.
Agreed. There is no doubt in my mind about that. I've had mine for over three years now. However, this does not seem to be the norm simply judging from this board.

I really don't understand why an X50 shouldn't bring more than a turbo without this option.

Last edited by cjv; 07-25-2004 at 09:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are All 996tt's Equal?