996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Agency Power 2nd Air Snorkel Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Agency Power 2nd Air Snorkel Intake

Well this has been a long time to do, but finally got a first prototype done on this car. To improve upon the Agency Power Porsche 996TT cold air intake, we developed a 2nd snorkel system to help push more air flow to the intake under driving conditions. The factory style box and intake pulls air from the right side of the decklid and then over to the filter. The intake would benefit by having more air flow as the car moves down the road to keep the air cooler. This 2nd snorkel prototype is designed to work with the AP Aluminum Intake box only. The plate and snorkel requires trimming of your factory fan shroud to fit. The piece will be finished in a flat black powdercoat and include foam trim and a rubber gasket for an air tight seal. We will soon have a production piece which will be available for sale. We are also in process of making one for our carbon box as well.

Stay tuned for more news!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Looks good so far

Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Subscribed for updates. Looks good.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:02 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
That's not the finished product is it Dan? What is it made out of, and how does it connect to the stock shroud? Why won;t it work with the CF one? Interested to see where you're going with this...

Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
I like it, keep us posted!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Looks like it weights more than stock.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
966tt650 is infamous around these parts
I have one of the prototype dual snorkel cold air intakes on my 996TT

I had the prototype installed at Vivid yesterday and I noticed an immediate difference. I already had the AP aluminum single snorkel cold air intake. The sound of the dual snorkel intake is totally different and superb, I love it--not hideously loud or anything like that, it's just right. You can hear the engine wolfing down the air. It's one of those modifications which increases your ability to hear the engine, the workings are more audible and you can hear the complexity of the design. Music to my ears.

If cold air is being stuffed into the intake filter, the engine is getting more cold air down the intake than with the single snorkel. I don't know what claims, if any Vivid is making for increased power but the car felt faster. Driving my car I don't detect any more weight than OEM--the car does not feel slower or held back by the second snorkel.

I did hear that the dual snorkel has or is coming out in CF. Personally I'm happy with the black powder coated aluminum intake, give it to me any day-it looks mean in black. What I say is get one, as you can tell I kind of like it--though it's a prototype. I'm betting Agency and Vivid will make it look OEM. Thanks to Dan and the guys at Vivid and AP.

Last edited by 966tt650; 06-14-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:56 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
ooo let me know when i can get one for my intake

Old 06-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Says prototype right in the first post. It is to test. Finished product, no way.

weight? there is no stock one. it probably weighs 3lbs though.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Dyno proven results?

Old 06-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
Yes the intake has dyno proven results - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-45355.html

The 2nd air snorkel would have absolutely NO effect on a car on the dyno. The point of the 2nd air snorkel is for when the vehicle is in motion or on the track to help direct more air to it.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Yes the intake has dyno proven results - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-45355.html

The 2nd air snorkel would have absolutely NO effect on a car on the dyno. The point of the 2nd air snorkel is for when the vehicle is in motion or on the track to help direct more air to it.

Does the second snorkel also have provisions for diverting water from the intake? Just to make sure when I install the CF snorkel!

Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by vividracing
The plate and snorkel requires trimming of your factory fan shroud to fit.
May I suggest you offer a pre-cut shroud with a core-return requirement? I'd want to buy a fully engineered bolt-in solution.

God forbid I would trim my own shroud incorrectly

Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Great Dan!! I need one, I'm in.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 PM
4G64T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shark01
May I suggest you offer a pre-cut shroud with a core-return requirement? I'd want to buy a fully engineered bolt-in solution.

God forbid I would trim my own shroud incorrectly
I'm interested especially if there is an option as Shark01 suggested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Agency Power 2nd Air Snorkel Intake