996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

X50/TurboS/GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 05:17 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I too have the voice button on the bottom. See picture.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	72313  
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Yeah thats it robert. Maybe it's for the telephone module that we dont have.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:50 PM
jt2
jt2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdd
Yes, PET. I've checked all transmission part numbers myself. The only different part number is the clutch disk. All other clutch parts are the same though. Not really the transmission but close.
Close enough if you're writing a press release, apparently.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:07 PM
awsum1ed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Nice, what color? You know, on my pcm, I have a "voice" button but it doesnt do anything. Ive always wondered what it's for, ill check the manual.

I was thinking about getting the dension bluetooth adapter to plug into my dension ipod adapter. Plug and play install. Is that what you are installing?

Atlas Grey, with graphite interior. Looks like your local. I live in foothill ranch, maybe we can talk shop about our cars. and yes, i having the dension installed with the bluetooth. my does have the voice button, maybe that will work. I'll let you know if it does. I having it installed by Jamey. he used to be with Paris Audio. He now has he's own company in the valley but he is also mobile.

Ed

Old 06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
agreed!

woah, haha is it crazy loud? I thought you were going for a ep2 quiet?

I gotta hear it! gratz man!
I was.

I'd come to the realization that "Europipe two beggars can't be choosers"...

As a matter of fact, I don't think it is too loud- kind of glad I did it! I've only run it 25 minutes or so (still awaiting some programming...)

I'd figured that I could always get rid of it, maybe swap someone for a quiet if necessary. I saw it on ebay and bought it within hours of it listing!

A

PS Ep2L, Wastegates, diverters, SSK, new plugs, UMW flash...I'll be posting impressions when the flash is on. JUST the EP2 and wastegates- with stock programing is VERY noticeable.

PPS the voice button is "inactive" on my 2004. What a lame-O thing to put in a users manual....

Old 06-18-2008, 09:02 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
From the S press release:

Porsche 911 Turbo S Announced

The new Porsche 911 Turbo S builds on the awe-inspiring attributes of the 911 Turbo, and takes the driving experience to a new, higher level. The Turbo S, which is available both as a Coupe and Convertible, is based on the current 996 generation 911 Turbo and will join the broadest ever range of 911 models when it goes on sale in August.

The evocative twin-turbocharged, 3.6-litre flat six engine has been tuned in the Turbo S model to develop more power and torque for even greater performance – and Porsche engineers have achieved this while ensuring fuel consumption and emissions barely differ from the standard Turbo model.

The vital statistics of the Turbo S are impressive. Power is raised to 444 bhp, and pulling power leaps to 457 lb-ft. This increase in engine responsiveness manifests itself particularly during in-gear acceleration – which is stunning. The engine delivers these remarkable figures courtesy of larger turbochargers, modified intercoolers and revised engine management electronics. Additionally, the six speed manual transmission has been strengthened to handle the torque increase.

The brakes of the 911 Turbo S have also been uprated similarly. Fitted as standard are the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) system, offering a 50% weight reduction per wheel over the conventional steel brake disc equivalent, as well as superior fade resistance characteristics under heavy braking.

Standard equipment on the Turbo S includes metallic paint (including a special colour – Dark Olive metallic), Xenon headlights, a BOSE audio system and the Porsche Communication Management System (PCM) incorporating audio, telephone and satellite navigation functionality. Additionally, the Turbo S offers 18" alloy wheels painted in GT Silver metallic, plus full leather interior trim, aluminium-coloured instrument dials, cruise control and a CD autochanger.

The Porsche 911 Turbo S Coupe is priced at $131,400.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:07 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
That'd be cool, Id like to see the dension bluetooth in action.

Originally Posted by awsum1ed
Atlas Grey, with graphite interior. Looks like your local. I live in foothill ranch, maybe we can talk shop about our cars. and yes, i having the dension installed with the bluetooth. my does have the voice button, maybe that will work. I'll let you know if it does. I having it installed by Jamey. he used to be with Paris Audio. He now has he's own company in the valley but he is also mobile.

Ed

Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 PM
acf
Awesome dood. I'd love to hear a video clip whenever you get the chance.
I'll probably make some too soon.

Originally Posted by ard
I was.

I'd come to the realization that "Europipe two beggars can't be choosers"...

As a matter of fact, I don't think it is too loud- kind of glad I did it! I've only run it 25 minutes or so (still awaiting some programming...)

I'd figured that I could always get rid of it, maybe swap someone for a quiet if necessary. I saw it on ebay and bought it within hours of it listing!

A

PS Ep2L, Wastegates, diverters, SSK, new plugs, UMW flash...I'll be posting impressions when the flash is on. JUST the EP2 and wastegates- with stock programing is VERY noticeable.

PPS the voice button is "inactive" on my 2004. What a lame-O thing to put in a users manual....

Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 AM
Banned
KingMotor is infamous around these parts
Gt2 Ftw!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.