996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Driftbox vs. PerformanceBox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:07 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
The Driftbox gives you chassis slip angle, which is nice to look at when analyzing track setup. It at least indicates how well the rear end is set up. If only one could also log steering wheel angle with that, you'd know exactly what the front and rear tire slip angles were, and could completly correlate under/oversteer to the logged performance on track. That would require a ridiculously overpriced Vbox mini (+ input module) upgrade...

Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Itacud, want to post some of your data logging so people can see some real results?

Old 06-25-2008, 04:22 PM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vividracing
Itacud, want to post some of your data logging so people can see some real results?
I'll try to get some data posted. I might not have a chance to sift through data to post for a little while, but I'll come back to this soon! =)

Old 06-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Differences:
http://vboxusa.com/performancedrift/compare.php

Originally Posted by tchayton
Like I heard a while ago, performance box is available in two versions - PB01 and PB02. Are these 2 "almost" the same?
__________________________________________________ _
Visit My Humble Blog: Ford Driver Journal

Old 06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Here are a few of my VBOX graphs. Logs are in the next post.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0-60 9.1 run.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	73408   Click image for larger version

Name:	0 to 60 9.0 run.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	73409   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.6 0 to 60.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	73410   Click image for larger version

Name:	60 to 130 at 9.68.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	73411  
Old 06-27-2008, 03:44 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
These are logs that may be opened by any text editor. The database logs require the VBOX software to open.

My car is a 2005 Turbo S Cab with a Tuned Revo Flash (race gas only MS VP 109), DV's, 16lb battery and Triple Disk Carbonetics Clutch.

Attached Files
File Type: txt
BEST02.TXT (163 Bytes, 3 views)
BEST03.TXT (163 Bytes, 3 views)
BEST06.TXT (163 Bytes, 3 views)
Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 AM
The actual real time data logging is on my laptop and so I will upload that later today. The DriftBox is a great tool and will log data in realtime and then display for analysis. You can then make fine adjustments to boost (if you have the Revo Flash), timing and air flow right in your car and then compare the performance changes. I really love the DriftBox.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:40 AM
GT2CS is infamous around these parts
One shortcoming of the Performance/drift box is that it cant automtically display 0 to whatever speed you set in 10mph increments. You get some data in that old fashioned text file, but it really should be automtically produced as 0-10mph, 0-20mph, 0-30mph etc. As the data is already recorded to the Sd card after a run, it just needs a software mod to do this. Currently 60-130mph needs you to expand the graph and mark the 60mph point, then the 130mph point to calculate the difference. You should be able to specify you want these before the run and then have them pop up automtically in a table at the end when you download to your pc.
Or maybe you can already do this and i'm stupid and havent found out how to?

Andrew

Old 06-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT2CS
One shortcoming of the Performance/drift box is that it cant automtically display 0 to whatever speed you set in 10mph increments. You get some data in that old fashioned text file, but it really should be automtically produced as 0-10mph, 0-20mph, 0-30mph etc. As the data is already recorded to the Sd card after a run, it just needs a software mod to do this. Currently 60-130mph needs you to expand the graph and mark the 60mph point, then the 130mph point to calculate the difference. You should be able to specify you want these before the run and then have them pop up automtically in a table at the end when you download to your pc.
Or maybe you can already do this and i'm stupid and havent found out how to?

Andrew
You mean like this?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	73425  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:31 PM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
0-150 mph in 11s! .... were you on a bike?

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You mean like this?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
You mean like this?
Ha, yes thats the one I meant. So ok I'm stupid and how do you get that table up!
Thanks
Andrew

Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dreamtripper
0-150 mph in 11s! .... were you on a bike?
No...that was in my 996TT at 830 rwhp and I was letting off once I crossed the traps (at 146-148 mph).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-27-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by GT2CS
Ha, yes thats the one I meant. So ok I'm stupid and how do you get that table up!
Thanks
Andrew
You're definitely not stupid, bro. The newest update for the P-box and D-box software (versions 1.0.44 and 2.0.44, released 18 June) added this capability and others.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:14 AM
You're definitely not stupid, bro. The newest update for the P-box and D-box software (versions 1.0.44 and 2.0.44, released 18 June) added this capability and others.
Great Scott, I saw they had a new download but hadn't installed it yet.
Thanks
Andrew

Old 06-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Here is the latest release of DriftBox and PerformanceBox firmware and software.

The firmware update for PerformanceBox is version 1.0.44, and for DriftBox is version 2.0.44.

The PerformanceTools and DriftBoxTools software update is version 1.8.2, build 07.

The firmware updates are attached to this email, along with the upgrade procedure. Please update your unit following the instructions in the attached document.

If you recently purchased a Performance or DriftBox you will already have the current firmware installed, in which case there is no need to upgrade it. To check this, power up the unit and watch the screen as soon as you have done so - the firmware version will be displayed.

If the attachments have been blocked by your spam filter you can download the firmware from here:

DriftBox Firmware Download: http://www.driftbox.com/dlfirmware.html

PerformanceBox Firmware Download: http://www.performancebox.co.uk/dlfirmware.html

The latest version of DriftBoxTools is available from here: http://www.driftbox.com/dlsoftware.html

The latest version of PerformanceTools is available from here: http://www.performancebox.co.uk/dlsoftware.html

The manuals have been comprehensively updated, not only in respect of the latest features but also to include more in depth details about using the software. It is therefore advised that you download the latest manual, available from the manual download pages:

DriftBox: http://www.driftbox.com/dlmanual.html

PerformanceBox: http://www.performancebox.co.uk/dlmanual.html