996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Most Porsche drivers are d1cks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Try owning a Boxster (The Porsche with panties)! I get looked down on by some 911 owners and then others say why did I not buy a real Porsche and others just think elitist snob. Then thro in the air cooled vs water cooled it is a no win situation. I just like the car and with some go fast goodies and the car is perfect to track, top down on a nice day or to use as a DD. What more could you ask for out of a car?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:14 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
, "Most Porsche drivers are d1cks, but you are pretty cool."

I'm not sure if the statement is a negative compliment or a positive insult but it reveals a lot about the person who said it . Either way it's an indirect way of communicating passively but agressively .

He's expecting you to laugh it off and he's one up on general disrepect .
If you confronted it he would have immediately deflected in front of that group (his audience) pointing to your reaction as being a "dick" .

I would have said nothing .I would avoid him . He does not sound like a friend.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
JP: Is that a question or a statement of what you percieve as fact? None of us "look down" upon a Boxter owner....you're welcome to the P car club....but it sounds as though you have a misconceived issue with what you percieve is your place in the alleged pecking order?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:23 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
Just find one of the Porsch vs Porsche threads. You pretty much see whos "elitist" (aka a dick) and whos not.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I love boxsters...

Old 06-21-2008, 11:50 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
I bought the Porsche so that I had an excuse for being a dick.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Onetime
Adam,
People that say that may have had a bad experience with someone who had a Porsche or they know someone who did. They're just haters. But you can say that about anyone who drives a certain type of high profile vehicle.
I agree.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Try owning a Boxster (The Porsche with panties)! I get looked down on by some 911 owners and then others say why did I not buy a real Porsche and others just think elitist snob. Then thro in the air cooled vs water cooled it is a no win situation. I just like the car and with some go fast goodies and the car is perfect to track, top down on a nice day or to use as a DD. What more could you ask for out of a car?
Try owning a 914....like I did in the 1970s, couldn't convince the "fold" it was a Porsche; and they had some pretty good arguements actually. But you know you have a great car, mid engine, lots of 911 drivers can't touch it. Boxsters are very much Porsches. Anybody says otherwise is a...you know.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:07 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
According to click and clack in an interview on 60 minutes many years ago, the BMW owner is their worst driver (most likely to deserve that adjective). That being said, all brands have owners and all owners are not equal. Cars don't make people "x"....

Etc.

PCAers are in general pretty cool. Perhaps that adjective applies to the type of person we all know...the type that thinks that items purchased makes them superior. Clearly there are issues with both the driver and the person looking at the driver.....both.

IMHO.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 06-22-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:42 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
JP: Is that a question or a statement of what you percieve as fact? None of us "look down" upon a Boxter owner....you're welcome to the P car club....but it sounds as though you have a misconceived issue with what you percieve is your place in the alleged pecking order?
I would venture that he isn't talking about anyone in this thread or possibly in the entire TT subforum. Heck maybe he is talking about another Porsche boarde entirely. However, if you are around Porsche boards enough and do not notice the inevitable "Chickster" or "Gayman" type comments that appear whenever a 986/987 is mentioned in a predominantly 911 crowd then you must be blind.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:43 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I'm not sure if the statement is a negative compliment or a positive insult but it reveals a lot about the person who said it . Either way it's an indirect way of communicating passively but agressively .

He's expecting you to laugh it off and he's one up on general disrepect .
If you confronted it he would have immediately deflected in front of that group (his audience) pointing to your reaction as being a "dick" .

I would have said nothing .I would avoid him . He does not sound like a friend.
Wow..great psycho-analyzation (if that's a word) of the comment!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
some porsche owners are *****, especially just how some p-car owners act around non-p-car owners. one quick example...a few months ago a guy in a supercharged 997 s was complimented, and his response was "i know" and not in a joking way....

haven't met any dlckish f-car/lambo/lotus owners

Last edited by Imolas54; 06-22-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis

well, aren't all boxster owners female?

J/K!!! from a former boxster owner

Old 06-24-2008, 07:01 AM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Cant generalize or stereotype individuals by car ownership. In my years I ve run into dicks driving ever type of car from VWs to Saturns to Toyotas.

I ve never run into one driving a P car tho,, guess since I own one its instant camaraderie.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM
slant911 is infamous around these parts
haven't met any dlckish f-car/lambo/lotus owners
Whoa you have not been around my area then. The "club" here is loaded with them.