996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are GT3 seats THAT uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Teutronico---i think you might have some issues. I am 6'0 and weigh 174 and my shoulders are quite broad and it was not so comfortable to sit in the GT3 seats.

In addition, Jeremy Clarkson is not a Porsche Hater. He does prefer the Glory and the aura that one gets when they purchase and drive a Ferrari---I a porsche lover from age 2 still think that a Ferrari is more special than a Porsche, i dont know why but i do...something about it on the road just gives me goosebumps-- Also Clarkson loved the Carrera GT, the GT3 and the Turbo. So u can't say hes a porsche hater---

Old 07-28-2004, 08:40 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
what other choices are there for a GT3-style seat for tall, athletic builds? Must one be a short dude to have fun in a car for cripes sake?

Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 seat is nice, but u need to get used to it. if i had 2 Porsches, one would for sure has GT3 seats in it

Old 07-28-2004, 08:50 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
I find them to be very comfortable.

Old 07-28-2004, 09:03 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
I find them too confining for my shoulders (folds my shoulders inward). Can't live with them daily.

Old 07-28-2004, 09:12 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
I can sleep in mine...I'm pretty tall

Old 07-28-2004, 09:24 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I recently spent 14 hours straight in them at 6'-0" tall and 210 pounds. They are certainly not Porsche supple leather seats, or sport seats, but all things considered, they weren't THAT bad. On short drives, the added body stability they offer far outweighs any deficiencies in the comfort department.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by collin996tt
I find them too confining for my shoulders (folds my shoulders inward). Can't live with them daily.

That is exactly what they are supposed to do. When both hands are on the wheel, it should feel natural.

Although I agree it is a bit odd when you want to let an arm rest at your side, etc.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
I am 6'4" and they are comfortable so long as the weight stays below 215lbs and the drives are under 4 hours.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:46 PM
jroy is infamous around these parts
i think the key is you cant be to broad. wide guys usually dont fit well. im 6' 175lb thin build, seats are very comfy for me and i love the support when driving hard.

however i find the edge of the bottom part to hit my thigh area when getting in sometimes if you drop in to fast. so now im very carefull getting in. not sure if i would like that for everyday use..

Old 07-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

This is all interesting as I'm having an issue with the stock seats in my 996 NA. I'm 6' 190 lbs w/ 46" chest. The seat's bolsters are too narrow at the top and push my back and shoulders out of the back rest. I've tried every seatback setting and can't find a comfortable position. It is uncomfortable whether I have both hands on the wheel or not.

I sat in a sport seat at the local VA Porsche dealership and thought they felt better for my physique. Since I need a tilt mechanism so I can carry my two little ones with me in the back seat the GT3 seats are out.

I'd be interested in recommendations!

Old 07-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Chronos
This is all interesting as I'm having an issue with the stock seats in my 996 NA. I'm 6' 190 lbs w/ 46" chest. The seat's bolsters are too narrow at the top and push my back and shoulders out of the back rest. I've tried every seatback setting and can't find a comfortable position. It is uncomfortable whether I have both hands on the wheel or not.

I sat in a sport seat at the local VA Porsche dealership and thought they felt better for my physique. Since I need a tilt mechanism so I can carry my two little ones with me in the back seat the GT3 seats are out.

I'd be interested in recommendations!
Sounds like you have the sport seats. You may want to swap them out for the standard seats which do not have the upper "wings". For some people, the standard seats are more comfortable. You might be able to find somebody willing to work a trade.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sloth
Sounds like you have the sport seats. You may want to swap them out for the standard seats which do not have the upper "wings". For some people, the standard seats are more comfortable. You might be able to find somebody willing to work a trade.
No, they are the stock seats. I think my build is simply unsuitable for them. I've spent the past year working on my lats/shoulders/pecs and the side bolsters just hit me "wrong." Maybe I'll take a test drive in a sport seat at the Porsche dealership to see if it really is more comfortable.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Chronos
No, they are the stock seats. I think my build is simply unsuitable for them. I've spent the past year working on my lats/shoulders/pecs and the side bolsters just hit me "wrong." Maybe I'll take a test drive in a sport seat at the Porsche dealership to see if it really is more comfortable.
I also train daily and I will tell you that if your uncomfortable in the stock seats due to your upper body.. You will most likely be more uncomfortable in sport seats... I have had both... Since I am only 5'8' the sport seats were okay for me.. Although the stock seats I have now are more comfortable..