996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Are GT3 seats THAT uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 05:05 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Are GT3 seats THAT uncomfortable?

Jeremy Clarkson just about gave the worst criticism of GT3 seats ever, it seems, that he'd rather be dragged behind the car or something. He loved the GT3 he drove a while ago, but in the RS supposedly the seats suck, but they look just like the regular GT3 seats.

Clarkson comparison - GT3RS/360CS

Old 07-28-2004, 05:07 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hmm I seem to like them. I mean they hold me in really well and I don't move around, which is the point of them.

Are they cushy like Mercedes seats? Hell no... Are they comfy for large people? No. Are they comfy for tall people? No...

Old 07-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
no

Clarkson is a hoe-bag and all his opinions should be considered void.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:11 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
And he is all of that Sharkster.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:11 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
It's an overexaggeration like everything else that leaves Jeremy Clarkson's mouth. With that said, they aren't the most comfortable seats, but far from anything that would give you chronic back pains.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Also Clarkson has on many an occasion stated his personal dislike of Porsche's so take his opinions for what they're worth... He likes Italian cars and English cars but hates anything German and/or American....

Old 07-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
doesn't hate American anymore! He's buying a Ford GT and the way he talks about it, no other car comes even CLOSE.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Banned
Matt Fresh is infamous around these parts
he is a dumb ******... I miss Tiff, he's a better driver and makes me laugh.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:22 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
i love the GT3 seats. probably the best i have sat in. Clarkson is entertaining but definitely should not be listened to for any reason.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 AM
GT3Scott is infamous around these partsGT3Scott is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have a link to their review of the standard GT3? He mentions in there that they reviewed it in the past and loved it.

TiA

Old 07-28-2004, 05:33 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Honestly, I'd listen to him before I started to listen to any of you.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:35 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally posted by CarreraScott
Does anyone have a link to their review of the standard GT3? He mentions in there that they reviewed it in the past and loved it.

TiA
That scrawny little kid who looks like Ryan Seacrest was the one who reviewed the standard GT3. I have it on my harddrive, can send it through America Online Instant Messenger or MSN Messenger. Or if anyone wants to host it, PM me I guess.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Just drove 3 hours each way to the track and loved them! 5'11" 175 lbs. (yes I need to lose weght.)

Old 07-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Suneal is infamous around these parts
I'm 5' 9" and about 130, and I found the GT3 seats comfy enough (I only sat in them for 30 seconds, though). I found the Carrera GT's seats more comfortable, though.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:14 AM
Banned for Eternity
well I'm 6'2", up to 202 now that I'm consistently hitting the gym every couple of days, and almost all torso - short legs. Wonder if it will be a problem...too bad you can't do a long term test.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are GT3 seats THAT uncomfortable?