996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 4CED INDUCTION
Couldn't agree more. Those covers are awful.
Word

Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks nice!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:19 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
some as we go shots of the heads...
Nice job but I think it would look better with the entire head painted to match the rear smoked lense color.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
New day light pics in first post in thread...bump. Tym thanks for snapping the pics while I have been on the road. Much better IMO...she looks beautiful!

Les

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 06-25-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by FLY996
Nice job but I think it would look better with the entire head painted to match the rear smoked lense color.
I am sure this is an option. Now that I have seen the day light pics...I am happy with the contrast of the darkish seal grey under the lenses.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Thought about this type of mod from Techart for about 3 seconds...and realized that having them paint matched would be classier...after all its a Turbo.
Key reason I chose the Techart covers was that it would be entirely reversible- something very important to me. Daylight pics are great. With a lighter colour car I am not sure this would look so good but with your seal grey its perfect.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 AM
itacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the roughitacud is a jewel in the rough
It turned out very nice. Would you mind sharing how the work on the headlights was done?

Old 06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I have no clue how the process went...I just know artistically what I wanted...I would email Tym at SPI for this information.

Les

Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
Looks great! I'm wondering how it will look on my silver car ...

Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Nice Ride

Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM
I think on silver they would look sweet as hell...maybe even in matte charcoal grey or black on the lighter colors.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Harold
Key reason I chose the Techart covers was that it would be entirely reversible- something very important to me. Daylight pics are great. With a lighter colour car I am not sure this would look so good but with your seal grey its perfect.
I hear you...and makes sense. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
Nice Ride
Thanks bro!!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 AM
calfrank is infamous around these parts
Looks awesome! Good job!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM
bavboym3 is infamous around these parts
WOW... Outstanding!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More