996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
calfrank, bavboym3....Thank you for the nice comments!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Some more close ups of the lights and emblems. I took these while dropping my ride off to Tym to get: rear wiper delete, body matched interior pieces (most of the plastic and seat backs), SPI Texture Black rear exhaust tips, big brake kit, and PSS10's to get rid of the monster truck look. I will post picks when Tym is done.

Attached Images      
Old 07-20-2008, 04:43 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
looks great.. what was involved in getting the headlights painted body color.. price.. and time?

Old 07-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by boca996tt
looks great.. what was involved in getting the headlights painted body color.. price.. and time?
Thanks, I really think this is how Porsche should have done the 996's from the factory. With that said...

In terms of how and what:

-Decide on two options 1)body matched like mine or 2)flat black (should have pics of this soon)
-lights must be shipped out to:

Switzer Performance Innovation, Ltd.

45300 U.S. Hwy 20
Suite B.
Oberlin, OH 44074
Phone: 440-724-8495
Email: tym@switzerperformanceinnovation.com

-If local (Ohio) car dropped off to SPI and Tym will do the R&R at no additional charge
-Light housing is disassembled and components carefully stored
-Head lights innards are prepped, painted, and reassembled
-Turn around time is 15 days upon receiving and price is $1599.00 USD
-Dates must be scheduled on appointment basis to keep turn around within the 15 days

*some older models or sunlight abused housings may require additional work which takes time and patience*

I hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
paying attention to details...now that's how it should be done. Great looking ride.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by cap'sx51
paying attention to details...now that's how it should be done. Great looking ride.
Thank you! I have been doing this since I was a kid and it seemed that the best looking cars always were clean and had every detail taken care of! I guess its just continuing (and getting more expensive LOL)

Old 07-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
Evo, I have Tym doing some light suspension work and replacing the wheels as well. He does awesome work!!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bluecuda
Evo, I have Tym doing some light suspension work and replacing the wheels as well. He does awesome work!!
Awesome...what wheels and specs are you going with? Also I love your TT (link: I couldn't wait to share...)That was the color I was looking for, but couldn't find one so I had to settle with seal grey. I agree on Tym doing awesome work! He has built 3 cars for me (03 Evo, E55 AMG, and 996TT), and every time he works his magic it brings a smile to my face!!

Old 07-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
I'm going with 19" HRE P40's in the brushed finish for the wheels. As for the suspension, just an H&R Spring Kit. I'm trying to take out some of the body roll, but not take away from the nice ride that it has stock.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bluecuda
I'm going with 19" HRE P40's in the brushed finish for the wheels. As for the suspension, just an H&R Spring Kit. I'm trying to take out some of the body roll, but not take away from the nice ride that it has stock.
Thats going to be hot on your ride! dk996tt went with those wheels as well and they are stunning! With the springs and wheels, your car is going to look as good as she runs! Congrats!!

Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Looks great man, glad someone did it...I was really thinking of doing this when I had my car!

M

Old 07-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Looks great man, glad someone did it...I was really thinking of doing this when I had my car!

M

Thanks bro! Your M looks sweet as well can you email some more pics of that beast? les@fhiheat.com is my address...thanks...that is my favorite M3. Much nicer than the new one!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Thanks bro! Your M looks sweet as well can you email some more pics of that beast? les@fhiheat.com is my address...thanks...that is my favorite M3. Much nicer than the new one!
Thank you kindly! All pictures including the build are located here:

www.eurowerkz.com/gallery/album61

enjoy....BTW, the car is up for sale if you are interested. PM me for details.

Michael

Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Thank you kindly! All pictures including the build are located here:

www.eurowerkz.com/gallery/album61

enjoy....BTW, the car is up for sale if you are interested. PM me for details.

Michael
Beautiful bro! What are you going to get after you sell her?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Beautiful bro! What are you going to get after you sell her?
I am going to stick with the BMW family and get the new E90 M3...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More