996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
I am going to stick with the BMW family and get the new E90 M3...

I like your rides better than the new M3...also I like the 335 TT models coupe! Very nice. Good luck and thanks for the pics.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
beautiful mods, i love dark porsches

Old 08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
beautiful mods, i love dark porsches
Thanks! I can't wait to get this latest round of mods done!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:53 AM
911mike is infamous around these parts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing with my red turbo. Now, you just need to get rid of the bumperettes. Very cool ride.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by 911mike
I have been thinking about doing the same thing with my red turbo. Now, you just need to get rid of the bumperettes. Very cool ride.
Thanks, and I think on red it would look wicked (I would do flat black in the headlights!)! I struggled with removing the bumperettes for like a couple of days...and now that they are body matched...I have grown to like them! It also shows that this 911TT was one of the first 500 to the US in 2001.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks good.

As most of the crowd knows, we've been painting plastic and rubber for a very long time. What's interesting is the Mini Cooper crowd seemed to grasp the headlight thing a while back before anyone else, it's known as 'the Joey Mod'....for the guy who started it.

We've done a few, but don't care to do it often.

But either way, the car looks really sharp. Best of luck with it!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Car looks good.

As most of the crowd knows, we've been painting plastic and rubber for a very long time. What's interesting is the Mini Cooper crowd seemed to grasp the headlight thing a while back before anyone else, it's known as 'the Joey Mod'....for the guy who started it.

We've done a few, but don't care to do it often.

But either way, the car looks really sharp. Best of luck with it!
Thank you Eric! I thank you for my rear wiper plug, and door key hole plugs in seal grey! Also I am aware of the mod for Mini's and this "paint the inside" mod has been a huge hit since 2003 with the Evolution VIII guys! On the 996TT...tapping is the biggest issue! The painted faux chrome always wants to peel with the tape removal...so caution here is a must!

Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
That is a tremendously cool mod. Thanks for the link on my other thread asking about it, and I sure appreciate all the photos.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
Great mod but would like to see this on a few more turbos of different colors? what options do i have with a white turbo? need more pics of this done on different turbos!! anyone else have this mod done on their cars?

Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
That is a tremendously cool mod. Thanks for the link on my other thread asking about it, and I sure appreciate all the photos.
My pleasure!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by AdrianM5
Great mod but would like to see this on a few more turbos of different colors? what options do i have with a white turbo? need more pics of this done on different turbos!! anyone else have this mod done on their cars?
I do know there is another B. Black TT that did this as well on here somewhere.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:45 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
This may seem "dumb" but why not just paint the outside of the light.....or find vinyle and do the outside ....the only issue would be the washer nozzle wear. I never use my nozzle, but I suppose it could scratch things with vibration, etc.

Jeff

Old 01-01-2009, 07:54 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bavboym3
WOW... Outstanding!
Nice job

Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 AM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
"the wait is over"
No disrespect to OP, and the time, money, and effort that was expended! But just how many out there were waiting on this mod? And can anyone list a more useless mod?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
This may seem "dumb" but why not just paint the outside of the light.....or find vinyle and do the outside ....the only issue would be the washer nozzle wear. I never use my nozzle, but I suppose it could scratch things with vibration, etc.

Jeff
Jeff,

I did think about vinyl or just paint the outside of the lens, but I thought that by doing the inside, it would maintain a clean dimensional look that does not take away from the way these were designed. I never use my washer nozzles either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More