996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hhazrati
"the wait is over"
No disrespect to OP, and the time, money, and effort that was expended! But just how many out there were waiting on this mod? And can anyone list a more useless mod?
I appreciate your opinion. Here is a link of interested 996tt owners from another that did this mod on a B. Black TT.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eadlights.html

I think that the term "useless mod" is a little harsh. I guess based on pages of praise from fellow 996TT owners, I would not use the term "useless". I guess the use is that on my seal grey, it just makes the care look a little cleaner than the bright chrome stock look (on my dark color). Also when I listed "the wait is over" I was referring to me waiting and sharing with anyone who was curious on how this would look.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 PM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
Sorry

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
I appreciate your opinion. Here is a link of interested 996tt owners from another that did this mod on a B. Black TT.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eadlights.html

I think that the term "useless mod" is a little harsh. I guess based on pages of praise from fellow 996TT owners, I would not use the term "useless". I guess the use is that on my seal grey, it just makes the care look a little cleaner than the bright chrome stock look (on my dark color). Also when I listed "the wait is over" I was referring to me waiting and sharing with anyone who was curious on how this would look.

My bad. You are right. Our differences is what makes the world go round.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:18 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
No worries! I guess because of the time, money, energy etc to get this mod done right...I wanted to help out anyone who was looking to do this. To see it on a dark color TT before they pulled the trigger.

Cheers,
Les

Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
This may seem "dumb" but why not just paint the outside of the light.....or find vinyle and do the outside ....the only issue would be the washer nozzle wear. I never use my nozzle, but I suppose it could scratch things with vibration, etc.

Jeff
I've noticed that Vivid Racing does sell a headlight cover kit, but haven't seen any photos of it installed yet. I'd sure like to.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/l...1-p-43987.html

Old 01-01-2009, 12:32 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
anyone done this with a white can ???? the seal grey looks great

Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I've noticed that Vivid Racing does sell a headlight cover kit, but haven't seen any photos of it installed yet. I'd sure like to.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/l...1-p-43987.html
Here is one pic I found with the smoked laminx vinyl covers. These probably also provide some nice protection from rock chips etc.

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by steve harris
anyone done this with a white can ???? the seal grey looks great
Thank you! I have not seen this mod yet on white. I would love to see it for sure as well. The only thing is that it may not be too different from the stock chrome light housings as white is such a light color. Maybe someone who is good with photoshop can do this.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
readiing your post !!! hhazrati gee can't we be nice

Old 01-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
After looking through that other thread and reviewing all the pictures, I think there is a big difference between using an external headlight film/tint and having the internals painted. Obviously there is also a large cost/time differential involved, but in my opinion the painted housings look much better.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
grapesac is infamous around these parts
wow. your car is so sick.. jealous.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Indeed.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by grapesac
wow. your car is so sick.. jealous.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by TXGold
Indeed.
Always kind words...thankyou Ryan

Old 02-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
I ran through this thread again and I wondered if there is a CF replacement for the 996TTS headlight assembly. I have a 2005 996TSCab, triple black, and I wonder how the silver/chrome headlight assembly might look on mine in CF as opposed to painting it black.

Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Santerra is infamous around these parts
996tt Body Matched Color Headlights ...

Wondering if anyone has done body matched headlights in Guards Red?

Could anyone suggest a shop in the Houston area for this kind of job?

Thank you

Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
how difficult was it to take your light buckets apart??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More