996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The wait is over:Body Matched Headlights and More

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:24 PM
DrMEMS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Some more close ups of the lights and emblems.
This mod looks really nice and I'd like to implement it on my black 996.2. Here's a photo of my stock headlights for comparison. You can see that there is a silver corrugated layer surrounding the lights. This is missing in your painted version and I think it looks better that if the corrugated layer were painted. Was the corrugated layer something that you simply removed after the headlights were opened up? Also, how did you reseal the lights when you were done to keep out moisture?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:31 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrMEMS
This mod looks really nice and I'd like to implement it on my black 996.2. Here's a photo of my stock headlights for comparison. You can see that there is a silver corrugated layer surrounding the lights. This is missing in your painted version and I think it looks better that if the corrugated layer were painted. Was the corrugated layer something that you simply removed after the headlights were opened up? Also, how did you reseal the lights when you were done to keep out moisture?
turbos are not corrugated. Only 996 NA cars.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 PM
06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future06Turbo has a brilliant future
You don't seem to have the headlight washers/sprayers. Hence the difference with the corrugated vs non corrugated

Old 04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 06Turbo
You don't seem to have the headlight washers/sprayers. Hence the difference with the corrugated vs non corrugated
turbo vs non- turbo.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 06Turbo
The lights without washers are halogens. The HID lights have washers, even in the corrugated form on naturally aspirated cars.