996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Had my car dyno'ed today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
15-17% loss through the G50 tranny is standard. If running AWD, then 22-25% is normal. Tom is just RWD these days. Also this was the second run and down from the first run at 575. Just the dyno operator did not save it. But still, this ain't a bad pic. We could have done it on a Dynojet and gotten an extra 75HP

Also on the dyno (the dyno is a Land and Sea), the AFRs lag a little from the HP / Torque curves on the graphic output. If you notice, the AFRs do not change when I hit the gas at 3000 rpms. They do not change until 4000. So the lag to reality is just over 1000 RPMS. So at peak torque, the AFRs are more like 12 not 14. We are adding a little more fuel though to make the AFRs are little richer and try to get down to the 12s a little faster.

Last edited by viperbob; 06-25-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
If you are referring to the AFRs... you dont want to run more then 12.5 on 100 octane... but just from experience I can tell you that 2 gallons of 109 unleaded or even C16 would drop it .3 and you can run more boost....
I know exactly how someone does it and has never blown a motor... he even ran his car to 1.7 bars.... did a leak down and compression test and it was perfect.... it all comes down to fuel.... and if I were you I would use something better then 100 if you running the car hard at the track ... then you really can open it up at 1.3 bars....
You can buy a remote hi to lo and vice versa switch for the greddy... its a cool thing because if you have long stretches at the track you hit the button on ur steering wheel to high boost - pass everyone up and and hit the remote button before the corner and drop the boost to 1.1 bars or 1 bar lets say.... that way your not coming into the corner with too much power.... and have more control in the turn etc....
just a thought....
markski
I like that but Sebring only has leaded gas above 100 octane??

Old 06-25-2008, 06:47 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
17% conversion sounds a bit high for RWD. At 12%, 568 at the rear wheels is 645 at the crank. About right for K24/18s on race gas. Congrats!
I agree and I would be more comfortable with your numbers, thanks

Old 06-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I don't think your car has enough fuel for 700hp with just 5.0bar FPR. To get to that level most will need larger fuel injectors. I would think about larger intercooler if running the car at this level at the track.

totally agree and that is the first thing I said. Bob has been in constant contact with Todd at Protomotive fine tuning the programing also

Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin
Tom, since I have somewhat of a vested interested in your engine.. Running a AFR of 14.0 right past peak torque is not in your engines best "health" Looks like you need more fuel or less boost.
Good comment Kevin, we thought that as well and it is being addressed with some tuning.
I will take good care of the engine you delivered to me I promise!!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin
Tom, since I have somewhat of a vested interested in your engine.. Running a AFR of 14.0 right past peak torque is not in your engines best "health" Looks like you need more fuel or less boost.
Kevin, good comment and we agree, changing the programing. I appreciate this engine you got me and promise to take good care of it!!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by viperbob
15-17% loss through the G50 tranny is standard. If running AWD, then 22-25% is normal. Tom is just RWD these days. Also this was the second run and down from the first run at 575. Just the dyno operator did not save it. But still, this ain't a bad pic. We could have done it on a Dynojet and gotten an extra 75HP

Also on the dyno (the dyno is a Land and Sea), the AFRs lag a little from the HP / Torque curves on the graphic output. If you notice, the AFRs do not change when I hit the gas at 3000 rpms. They do not change until 4000. So the lag to reality is just over 1000 RPMS. So at peak torque, the AFRs are more like 12 not 14. We are adding a little more fuel though to make the AFRs are little richer and try to get down to the 12s a little faster.
Bob, really appreciate all the time and trouble you Vortex, and Todd at Protomotive have done to get this car right!!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:08 PM
kleinbbc is infamous around these parts
So what your saying is texas mile!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
I don't think your car has enough fuel for 700hp with just 5.0bar FPR. To get to that level most will need larger fuel injectors. I would think about larger intercooler if running the car at this level at the track.

Correct. With a 5 bar and the a/f shown at redline the car is making much closer to 600 crank then 700.

With the 5 bar, the car will actual start to lean out due to a complete lack of fuel at or around 630 crank.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Correct. With a 5 bar and the a/f shown at redline the car is making much closer to 600 crank then 700.

With the 5 bar, the car will actual start to lean out due to a complete lack of fuel at or around 630 crank.
do you have any suggestions on the set up of this car for running at the track Tony? Not looking for alot of HP just 600 reliable ones!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Have Bob talk with Todd regarding the same fuel system that Marty K. is using on his set up.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
do you have any suggestions on the set up of this car for running at the track Tony? Not looking for alot of HP just 600 reliable ones!
Take care of your a/f at peak torque and you will be good to go! 600 hp on the track is a rocket ship .

Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i just did mine ... and it seems like i need more power! Tom you are smoking me.. i will Pm you i need some help maybe talk to VIPER BOB???

Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
60lb injectors... pronto. Either that or dial back the boost. Also, it would be a good idea to log injector duty cycle with a durametric.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:38 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
im not that smart on this stuff... i just hit the track and push pedal to the floor and hope for the best!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my car dyno'ed today!!