996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Had my car dyno'ed today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:39 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
60lb injectors... pronto. Either that or dial back the boost. Also, it would be a good idea to log injector duty cycle with a durametric.
Already logged. Well within duty cycle parameters.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by viperbob
Already logged. Well within duty cycle parameters.
Looks like someone's obviously in good hands. Data logging gives me warm and fuzzies.

What was the peak duty cycle %?

Last edited by Seal Grey Matte; 06-25-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:44 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Looks like someone's obviously in good hands. Data logging gives me warm and fuzzies.

What was the peak duty cycle %?
I am hoping so, he has to drive this thing at the track as well not to mention listen to my constant complaining

Good points Seal.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I like that but Sebring only has leaded gas above 100 octane??
Tom -

You can get VP Streetblaze 103 in the 5 Gallon pails that are sealed. It's easy to store and transport for those track days. I keep 2-3 in the garage at all times and every few fill ups throw 1-2 in to help bump things up when I want to turn the boost up (which lately has been all the time)

You're power looks spot on, again Dynos are great to make comparisons on, however it's difficult to compare 2 cars on 2 different dynos at 2 different times / temperatures. If you're bench marking against a previous run on the same dyno it is a much more accurate tool.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:33 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Peak duty cycles is about 92% of constant driving. The AFRs (while still lagging from the HP curves on the graph), still show that the fuel in not tailing up at the high end where you start to see fuel starvation on these cars. 60 lb injectors would give a little more head room (probably drop duty cyles to 80ish%), but I think Tom is more apt to turn it down a little until he gets his arms around it. So it's all good....

Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
What the heck is a land and sea dyno?

I'd turn it down for good measure. Anywhere near 700 hp is not good on stock internals for the type of duration and heat that you drive in. And it'll probably make you a worse driver before a better one.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Protomotive program will give you a nice 500hp curve under 1.0 bar of boost. This power is perfectly safe to run most tracks. Anything above 500hp, you will have to deal with AFR, heat soaks, wears and tears etc.,etc..

Old 06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Protomotive program will give you a nice 500hp curve under 1.0 bar of boost. This power is perfectly safe to run most tracks. Anything above 500hp, you will have to deal with AFR, heat soaks, wears and tears etc.,etc..
you mean rear wheel hp right?

Old 06-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by onelove
Tom -

You can get VP Streetblaze 103 in the 5 Gallon pails that are sealed. It's easy to store and transport for those track days. I keep 2-3 in the garage at all times and every few fill ups throw 1-2 in to help bump things up when I want to turn the boost up (which lately has been all the time)

You're power looks spot on, again Dynos are great to make comparisons on, however it's difficult to compare 2 cars on 2 different dynos at 2 different times / temperatures. If you're bench marking against a previous run on the same dyno it is a much more accurate tool.
didnt know that thanks

wish the track had it!!

Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 PM
maxboost is infamous around these partsmaxboost is infamous around these parts

Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing great info Tom,

Great comments from most everyone: Kevin, Tony, Markski, Joe, etc.

MK

Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by viperbob
15-17% loss through the G50 tranny is standard. If running AWD, then 22-25% is normal. Tom is just RWD these days. Also this was the second run and down from the first run at 575. Just the dyno operator did not save it. But still, this ain't a bad pic. We could have done it on a Dynojet and gotten an extra 75HP

Also on the dyno (the dyno is a Land and Sea), the AFRs lag a little from the HP / Torque curves on the graphic output. If you notice, the AFRs do not change when I hit the gas at 3000 rpms. They do not change until 4000. So the lag to reality is just over 1000 RPMS. So at peak torque, the AFRs are more like 12 not 14. We are adding a little more fuel though to make the AFRs are little richer and try to get down to the 12s a little faster.
bob, there is no way it would make 75 more hp on a dynojet I own a dynojet 424x and i live on my dyno with my 996 in RWD of course it make's the same HP that tom's car makes with 24/18g's stock fueling @1 bar. Did you log TB percent? it looks as if it starts to close up around 6000rpm's cause power drops off very hard. mine peaks around 6100 but stays up around 540 untill 6700.

Chris Green

Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Chris Green
bob, there is no way it would make 75 more hp on a dynojet I own a dynojet 424x and i live on my dyno with my 996 in RWD of course it make's the same HP that tom's car makes with 24/18g's stock fueling @1 bar. Did you log TB percent? it looks as if it starts to close up around 6000rpm's cause power drops off very hard. mine peaks around 6100 but stays up around 540 untill 6700.

Chris Green
Did you see the smiley at the end of my comment? Kind of like a joke, aka funny / humor.

The loss after peak is a hardware issue that is being addessed.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
http://www.land-and-sea.com/

They actually make a great product. When my wife and I were looking at opening a tuning shop back in 2001 we met with these folks and they were on our shortlist of dyno machines to buy, primarely due to their software and customer support. It's a great machine overall and very well made... Not sure what's gone on with the company in the last 6 years since we scrapped the "custom shop" idea and went with our consulting firm, but it sounds like they're still in business...

Good numbers Tom, but I'd dial it back. I've considered doing that myself!
1.0 bar boost on a road course with our cars is nuts!
Mike

Old 06-27-2008, 05:10 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
The kart dyno looks great !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my car dyno'ed today!!