996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Had my car dyno'ed today!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:33 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Had my car dyno'ed today!!

Had my RWD car dynoed today on an "Air n Sea" dyno whatever that means.

I have it as a doc file will try to post it.

The numbers to me are concerning.

the car has a Protomotive program with Todd's K-24 hybrid turbos, Vivid airbox, and Vivid headers with straight pipes. Has a 5 bar FPR.

thats about it. it was however with 100 octane

well this dyno which is supposed to be conservative gave best run hp at rear wheels was 575hp. (my doc file I have captured a 568)

I was told they use a 17% conversion so the crank hp is close to 700hp

this was at 1.15 bar. WOT AFR's were 12.

this seems too high to me can someone help interpret this stuff for me and I will try to post the actual run.

thanks

tom

Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great numbers Tom, I am sure that thing is a beast at Sebring!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Great numbers Tom, I am sure that thing is a beast at Sebring!
thanks Luis and it is I just dont want to damage the engine. I drive it hard and intentionally kept the boost below 1.2 where I wanted it to be at the track to be "conservative" but still considering turning it down to 1.0

dont really need all that hp (never thought I would say that!)

Old 06-25-2008, 02:48 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
At 1.15 Bar it sounds like it's pretty conservative already (Compared to what others run here on their street cars), at 1 bar you should be good. What does Bob say about where you should be running boost wise?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Tom, this is why God created HP. To USE it. Kind of like the Force. Tom's Dyno Sheet.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tomdyno.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	73220  

Last edited by viperbob; 06-25-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by viperbob
Tom, this is why God created HP. To USE it. Kind of like the Force. Tom's Dyno Sheet.
Very nice my friend. Hope all is good in sunny FL.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
viperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud ofviperbob has much to be proud of
Thanks Luis... BIG storm came through today. Other than that, HOT and HUMID... Say Hi to the wife. Take care and hope things are going well in the Great White North.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
It is almost like breast reduction... what a waste. But again, they could be down to the floor if you don't reduce them. What a dilemma?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by viperbob
Thanks Luis... BIG storm came through today. Other than that, HOT and HUMID... Say Hi to the wife. Take care and hope things are going well in the Great White North.
Thanks, will do man!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tom kerr
thanks Luis and it is I just dont want to damage the engine. I drive it hard and intentionally kept the boost below 1.2 where I wanted it to be at the track to be "conservative" but still considering turning it down to 1.0

dont really need all that hp (never thought I would say that!)
Sounds wise. Driving at the track all day long is a different world compared to some "highway pulls" and general street use...

But perhaps don't down-tune the boost that much, keeping it below 1.2 should be good, shouldn't it?

Dyno pulls do not tell the truth about power...even though it's fun they might produce great results...So congratulations of these numbers!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
this was at 1.15 bar. WOT AFR's were 12.

this seems too high to me can someone help interpret this stuff for me and I will try to post the actual run.
thanks
tom
If you are referring to the AFRs... you dont want to run more then 12.5 on 100 octane... but just from experience I can tell you that 2 gallons of 109 unleaded or even C16 would drop it .3 and you can run more boost....
I know exactly how someone does it and has never blown a motor... he even ran his car to 1.7 bars.... did a leak down and compression test and it was perfect.... it all comes down to fuel.... and if I were you I would use something better then 100 if you running the car hard at the track ... then you really can open it up at 1.3 bars....
You can buy a remote hi to lo and vice versa switch for the greddy... its a cool thing because if you have long stretches at the track you hit the button on ur steering wheel to high boost - pass everyone up and and hit the remote button before the corner and drop the boost to 1.1 bars or 1 bar lets say.... that way your not coming into the corner with too much power.... and have more control in the turn etc....
just a thought....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
17% conversion sounds a bit high for RWD. At 12%, 568 at the rear wheels is 645 at the crank. About right for K24/18s on race gas. Congrats!

Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think your car has enough fuel for 700hp with just 5.0bar FPR. To get to that level most will need larger fuel injectors. I would think about larger intercooler if running the car at this level at the track.

Last edited by vincentdds; 06-25-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kevin
Tom, since I have somewhat of a vested interested in your engine.. Running a AFR of 14.0 right past peak torque is not in your engines best "health" Looks like you need more fuel or less boost.
I agree,and it takes too long to get in the zone.Tom, you need a fuel system.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, nice #'s!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Had my car dyno'ed today!!