996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Revo or GIAC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:12 AM
4CED INDUCTION is infamous around these parts
Old 06-27-2008, 06:20 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I have Revo and it works great ($2300). I can play around with the boost, fuel quality, timming and MAF; adjusting my performance to any environmental or changing situation. Protomotive is the best IMHO. Why? Because I have raced most of the other flashed 996TT and 997TT cars and they were not as impressive as Protomotive flashed cars. Hence, they were in my rear view mirror most of the time.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MMAD28
I would recommend protomotive , UMW or EPL!!
+1.

I think one should go with a place that will support you as you upgrade your hardware and has a vast experience. It is also an advantage, in my opinion, if they are porsche centric (this may not be true). There are some new places that will offer support that is superb as well, I just don't know about them yet (read the softronic thread(s)). The market is moving and changing, and as such some good new stuff and bad new stuff is coming. Search on the forum and see what people think.

I happen to have UMW and am happy. That is just a data point for you.

I hate flash wars.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 06-27-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robertp
Hence, they were in my rear view mirror most of the time.
Have you ever losted a race with the Revo flash? and if yes to what? if no, you need to be racing faster cars

Old 06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Neither - Go Softronic. Satisfaction GUARANTEED - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/softronic-m-390.html

And I have a special right now, look at my signature.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:24 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Every Sat morning we have a run. Bring them down and turn on the video camera.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
I have Revo and it works great ($2300). I can play around with the boost, fuel quality, timming and MAF; adjusting my performance to any environmental or changing situation. Protomotive is the best IMHO. Why? Because I have raced most of the other flashed 996TT and 997TT cars and they were not as impressive as Protomotive flashed cars. Hence, they were in my rear view mirror most of the time.
If I remember correctly, your 60-130 times were actually significantly slower than "other flashed 996TT"...

Old 06-27-2008, 05:51 PM
I am still looking for them!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Very Happy with Protomotive

Just got a flash from Todd at Proto. X50 car 996ttS cab + exhaust. The fist file put me at 1.0-1.1 spikes but Todd sent me another file that I can alternate with that he said will get me 1.2. He is very quick to answer emails and make suggestions on what I explain the car is doing. Have not put the second file in yet as I just got it today be even 1.1 boost felt good. He is also going to do my 996tt coupe with the Proto 650 k24/18 upgrade. I will have it in a couple of weeks and yes this will undoubtably be a much faster car.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Sounds great. Yes, that will work well. Get the race file and put some VP MS 109 in there and have some fun!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Yes, that is why I still have only 1.0 bar of boost. If I go any higher, wheel spin!

Old 06-28-2008, 07:18 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
+1.

I think one should go with a place that will support you as you upgrade your hardware and has a vast experience. It is also an advantage, in my opinion, if they are porsche centric (this may not be true). There are some new places that will offer support that is superb as well, I just don't know about them yet (read the softronic thread(s)). The market is moving and changing, and as such some good new stuff and bad new stuff is coming. Search on the forum and see what people think.

I happen to have UMW and am happy. That is just a data point for you.

I hate flash wars.
+1 Happy with UMW tune.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:01 AM
jt2
jt2 is infamous around these parts
If you pay $3500 for a simple flash, do they use lube, or is that an added charge?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:57 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Flash wars...no one wins guys.

It is a balance of cost, perceived value, and such. Different people value different things.

Some guys have to have an automatic swiss watch. Others will only use a Walmart special. It is very variable. That lube, btw, is support if it grenades....

JB

Old 06-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
No tuner will warrant an engine that blows with its chip in it. If any tuner wants to give me that in writing. I'll switch tunes today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Revo or GIAC?