996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally got a power upgrade...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:41 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Finally got a power upgrade...

...To my shop. I needed more power than the house power could provide, and my shop is about 200 yards from the house... I needed and applied for a 200AMP service a while back and FINALLY got it turned on last week. Now I can use all my equipment and lift without fear of tripping breakers!

No more jacks and stands to work on the P-Car!

Mike

Old 06-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Little refresher on the whole make-over...

From this:

To this:

Last edited by Mikelly; 06-28-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
My dream. That's the only thing that'll get me to move to the burbs. Having a garage like that. Enjoy it in good health.
What's in the other bay? Jag?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm jealous. I wish I had the ceiling height to install a lift. Congrats.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM
In the other bay...

It's a 1976 Datsun Zcar with a ton of suspension, brake, safety, and drivertrain upgrades. Car should weigh in at about 2200# and make over 400 WHP.

Mike

Old 06-28-2008, 09:26 AM
The only complaint I have about living in the "burbs" is the spiders... I've got golf ball sized wolf spiders that I constantly am combating...

Mike

Old 06-28-2008, 11:29 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
The only complaint I have about living in the "burbs" is the spiders... I've got golf ball sized wolf spiders that I constantly am combating...

Mike
Yikes! That garage is awesome, although i'm not sure that's a good trade off. That being said i am a bit arachnophobic.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:18 PM
CaptPegLeg is infamous around these parts
A good woman would kill them spiders for you.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Great looking garage. How much is the ceiling height?

Old 06-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll take some pics on Monday with the 996TT in the air. The ceiling height at the peak is 13ft.8inches.

I had my buddies 72 V8Zcar up in the air this afternoon and all went well. The machine hasn't been used in quite a while, so I really wasn't sure if I'd have any issues with it. All is well, so I'll do my track prep on the Porsche on Monday morning.

Wasp and yellow jacket killer does wonders on these damned spiders! When I'm out of that, brake cleaner does wonders! And you can forget my wife killing those spiders... She sees them and she heads to the house...
Mike

Old 06-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
That Z is a beaut. I've always wanted to take on a project like that. It's probably cheaper than therapy.
It's funny how our phobias choose us. I was a competitive rock climbed for many years and (in my younger and stupider days) climbed 400 foot rock walls with no rope. I still jump like a little girl every time I see a spider.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 AM

Mike

Old 06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
sweet, wish my garage was that big

Old 06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
Very nice garage, I wish I had your ceiling height.
I'll bet it's cold in the winter-I worked in Suffolk and lived in Virgina Beach.
I remember those spiders when riding dirt bikes in the hills and US 58 has got to be the worst cop infested road in Virginia. I used to drive into North Carolina just to drive fast.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Yup, it sure gets chillie in the winter... I have a big woodstove that keeps the place warm. We insulated the ceiling when we raised the roof for the lift.

I raised the car all the way up to the highest setting, which allows me the ability to stand under it without slouching or stooping. No issues with clearance...

Mike