996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rennline gas pedal with lifter plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Rennline gas pedal with lifter plate

Anyone have this on their car? I'm having heel-toe problems due to the lower level of the gas pedal compared to the height of the brake. Did this setup help?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:26 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by landjet
Anyone have this on their car? I'm having heel-toe problems due to the lower level of the gas pedal compared to the height of the brake. Did this setup help?

Larry, when are you heel toe-ing? Most have a problem b/c they dont brake hard enough when trying to do so. Are you on full brake, or close to it, when your trying to heal toe?

Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
On full brake but don't feel comfortable and can't seem to find the right foot placement to be able to blip the gas. Maybe my foot is too narrow. Was hoping the lifter plate would even out the situation more.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
On full brake but don't feel comfortable and can't seem to find the right foot placement to be able to blip the gas. Maybe my foot is too narrow. Was hoping the lifter plate would even out the situation more.
Hm... Perhaps your foot is too narrow. It worked just fine for me but i do have a wider foot. Have you tried actually heal toe-ing instead of braking with half and blipping with the other half, placing your brake foot a little higher and rolling with your heel? Its worth a shot.

Sorry i'm not being much help with the rennline gas pedal info...

Old 06-28-2008, 04:18 PM
No problem. I find using the heel even more awkward.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:24 PM
No problem. I find using the heel even more awkward.
Ya, i figured... Sorry i cant be of more help...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:50 AM
jphhock is infamous around these parts
Lifter Plate ???

I have the same problem as you. My gas pedal is about 2 inches lower than the brake, certainly not like what is shown in the rennline adds. I had a local mechanic do the installation. It seems like a 1 inch thick
pad is missing between the gas pedal and the lifter plate.
I tried playing with the screws that hold the gas pedal but quickly stopped when it appeared that I was removing the pedal. Let me kniow if you find out anything,