996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
bavboym3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Come on there Chief....do you really think we come on this board to talk about our cars?

YAWN...Its all about saying bad things and wasting time. That IS the essential 6speed experience!!!
Gotcha.. Im a newbie. ill start being an ******* to people.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
OK, here you go...write this down: 3K on ecu upgrade, and 2-3K on track fees (driver mod). Those are your absolute best buys.

Oh, and spray painting the wheels.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Dude,
In all seriousness, the car is engineered pretty well and there aren't many pieces of it you can tweak or remove to make it go "more better."

Most of the ball bustin' is because we all started exactly where you are coming from, and the guys who are chiming in have figured out the real answer to your question. And unfortunately it all starts with a checkbook.

It's all in good fun and you'll probably look back on this post in 6 months and laugh right along with us!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
OK, here you go...write this down: 3K on ecu upgrade, and 2-3K on track fees (driver mod). Those are your absolute best buys.

Oh, and spray painting the wheels.

Means a lot coming from someone that can't even install a clear bra on his car.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
In your defense there has been 2 mods that were brought up that are virtually free. Don't be discouraged, usually this board is pretty tame compared to some of the other ones out there. The boys just seem a little onry today! :

Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by $manager
Dude,
In all seriousness, the car is engineered pretty well and there aren't many pieces of it you can tweak or remove to make it go "more better."

Most of the ball bustin' is because we all started exactly where you are coming from, and the guys who are chiming in have figured out the real answer to your question. And unfortunately it all starts with a checkbook.

It's all in good fun and you'll probably look back on this post in 6 months and laugh right along with us!!!
I wasnt just asking for "go fast" mods.... Things such as painting the inner headlight trim, painting interior peices, Airbox mods, exhaust mods, Lighting mods, anything really... Im happy im getting my post count up though

I like to do things myself, rather then bringing them to the shop.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
And are you truly committed to being a genuine *******...because it takes hard work and discipline. If so, I will mentor you.

Here is what I want you to do for your first assignment: PM this guy PaulieWalnuts https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=8758

In the PM say this "Hey, I saw your yellow GT2 on Youtube racing another GT2, I think it was silver...man your car is bad ***. I know you lost to the silver car, but I heard that he was a way better driver and had 30K in mods. Your car only has 15K in mods....and I also heard that you are like, really old so the race wasn't really fair. Anyway, who did you mods? I want to get them for my car."

Do that, young grasshopper, and we will open our arms to you.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 07-03-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
In your defense there has been 2 mods that were brought up that are virtually free. Don't be discouraged, usually this board is pretty tame compared to some of the other ones out there. The boys just seem a little onry today! :
HAHAH no doubt..

Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh, and make sure to tell him that his clear bra looks WAY better.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:43 PM
And are you truly committed to being a genuine *******...because it takes hard work and discipline. If so, I will mentor you.

Here is what I want you to do for your first assignment: PM this guy PaulieWalnuts https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=8758

In the PM say this "Hey, I saw your yellow GT2 on Youtube racing another GT2, I think it was silver...man your car is bad ***. I know you lost to the silver car, but I heard that he was a way better driver and had 30K in mods. Your car only has 15K in mods....and I also heard that you are like, really old so the trace wasn't really fair. Anyway, who did you mods? I want to get them for my car."

WTF?? say that again.. Man you are not good at this..

Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Gotta admit Sean, grasshoper is hanging right in there. He might just fit in around here, eh?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute

In the PM say this "Hey, I saw your yellow GT2 on Youtube racing another GT2, I think it was silver...man your car is bad ***. I know you lost to the silver car, but I heard that he was a way better driver and had 30K in mods. Your car only has 15K in mods....and I also heard that you are like, really old so the race wasn't really fair. Anyway, who did you mods? I want to get them for my car."

i'll do it!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bavboym3
I wasnt just asking for "go fast" mods.... Things such as painting the inner headlight trim, painting interior peices, Airbox mods, exhaust mods, Lighting mods, anything really... Im happy im getting my post count up though

I like to do things myself, rather then bringing them to the shop.
i had the interior color matched on my C4. it was not cheap (at least not to me). if you could do this on your own, props to you.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:04 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Oh and be sure to ask Dr Jitsu about the first race we had or should I say the first 5 races we had.I got so bored winning that I let him win the last time just because I felt bad about beating him so many times.Plus Todd asked me to "please let him win so he will quit calling me".Oh and by the way nothing in life is for free the faster you learn this the more money you will save.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i had the interior color matched on my C4. it was not cheap (at least not to me). if you could do this on your own, props to you.

That looks awsome! Yes that could def be done on your own. PERFECT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!