996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
bavboym3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Oh and be sure to ask Dr Jitsu about the first race we had or should I say the first 5 races we had.I got so bored winning that I let him win the last time just because I felt bad about beating him so many times.Plus Todd asked me to "please let him win so he will quit calling me".Oh and by the way nothing in life is for free the faster you learn this the more money you will save.

nice!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Paulie may be bored w/ racing me but this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=__L7OT8lWSM

For some reason he wants to watch it over and over again.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Damn Guys

I'm a total Noob here and I gotta admit that you guys are a tough crowd. I hope it's not about a pissing match on how much you spend on a certain mod but how much you actually gain. I wonder if any of you ever heard about indexing your spark plugs ???

Old 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
it's not so much a pissing match as it is a ***** measuring contest. in any case, it costs money to mod these babies correctly.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:36 PM
grandpa is infamous around these parts
this is so funny i think i peed a little!

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
And are you truly committed to being a genuine *******...because it takes hard work and discipline. If so, I will mentor you.

Here is what I want you to do for your first assignment: PM this guy PaulieWalnuts https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=8758

In the PM say this "Hey, I saw your yellow GT2 on Youtube racing another GT2, I think it was silver...man your car is bad ***. I know you lost to the silver car, but I heard that he was a way better driver and had 30K in mods. Your car only has 15K in mods....and I also heard that you are like, really old so the race wasn't really fair. Anyway, who did you mods? I want to get them for my car."

Do that, young grasshopper, and we will open our arms to you.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:56 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
As smokin said these cars are had to modify inexpensively or for free. Gotta pay to play in the Porsche game.
Dollar per HP, the BMW M5 is VASTLY more expensive to mod. I laugh when I read this...I explicitly decided not to do power mods on my M5 and bought the 996TT since it was so inexpensive to mod. I dropped $6500 and picked up ~100-120HP. (On an E39 M5 that will get you 1/4 to 1/2 that. a full dinan S2 is $35k and takes you from 396 to 470 whoo hoo)

There are plenty of cheap mods:

Killer detail. Strip, buff out all paint defects, sealer/wax. Tires off, detail wheel wells. Underbody detail.... the list goes on.

SSK. 997 stock shifter is a very nice shortening compared to 996's stock. $120 if you find one used

Wiper delete. $30

Exhaust mod (Hole drill), Free (Unless you don't have a holesaw in your shop)

When you buy new tires go to 235/315s

What else?....

Congrats!

A

Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
530-600 hp is available for about 6k these days if you look hard enough and want to DIY

K24's
ECU
Exhaust
DV's

But not many people doing lighting mods like they do on the M's. And even trim packages cost alot.

Guess what, even the rubber headlight trim costs $75. So if you screw somethingup trying for the inexpensive free get up, you could likely end up where it's not so inexpensive. Spray painting the wheels yourself, you had better know what you're doing.

And I think some of the OP's responses were uncalled for.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 PM
dublinoh is infamous around these partsdublinoh is infamous around these parts
I added a switch for the garage...do a search and you'll find posts. A lot of owners like the clear sidelights...easy DIY install and $30

Also check this link, you'll need to register: http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?&CODE=00

Welcome to the 6

Last edited by dublinoh; 07-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
U Gots To Love All The P-car Owners Here On 6speed Where Bunch Of Asshats But Damn Good At It.............hahahaha

Old 07-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The reason Paulie got a Proto GT2....I had a Proto GT2....I bought vacation property in Arkansas, Paulie bought vacation property in Arkansas, I invested in the W/B private equity fund, Paulie invested in the same fund, I got a new dog, Paulie got a new dog.

Now, there is a new twist to our beloved rivalry...are you ready people...PING PONG. Paulie thinks he can beat me at Ping Pong.

I hereby challenge you, my dear Walnut, to a Ping Pong match! Its ON!!!

Baby boy, your thread has officially been hijacked.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:23 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
.I bought vacation property in Arkansas, Paulie bought vacation property in Arkansas, .
I actually didn't know there was such a thing...

Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 AM
The reason Paulie got a Proto GT2....I had a Proto GT2....I bought vacation property in Arkansas, Paulie bought vacation property in Arkansas, I invested in the W/B private equity fund, Paulie invested in the same fund, I got a new dog, Paulie got a new dog.

Now, there is a new twist to our beloved rivalry...are you ready people...PING PONG. Paulie thinks he can beat me at Ping Pong.

I hereby challenge you, my dear Walnut, to a Ping Pong match! Its ON!!!

Baby boy, your thread has officially been hijacked.
Wow are you a loser...

THANKS guys, there is some very good info here... I got PM'ed a bunch of stuff too.

So Far
1. I sprayed my front corner signals with spray tint. (looks great)
2. Blacked out the rear turbo emblem
3. Removed front plate

To do:
Exhaust mod
SSK mod
Wiper delete

Old 07-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by ard
I actually didn't know there was such a thing...
yes....North Ark is stunningly beautiful and Branson MO is like a PG rated Vegas.... People are shocked at how cool it is when they go there. It is a far cry from the hillbilly capital it once was.

And babygirl, we were kidding about spray painting your car. Only a complete idiot would do that. And speaking of losers, you are lucky we don't give rep points here anymore....you would be in the red. When you want to compare lifetime achievements, just let me know and we will see just who is the winner/loser.

By the way, Paulie is, as we speak, off watching sweaty men cover themselves in oil and flex their muscles.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 07-05-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:47 AM
yes....North Ark is stunningly beautiful and Branson MO is like a PG rated Vegas.... People are shocked at how cool it is when they go there. It is a far cry from the hillbilly capital it once was.

And babygirl, we were kidding about spray painting your car. Only a complete idiot would do that. And speaking of losers, you are lucky we don't give rep points here anymore....you would be in the red. When you want to compare lifetime achievements, just let me know and we will see just who is the winner/loser.

By the way, Paulie is, as we speak, off watching sweaty men cover themselves in oil and flex their muscles.
What are you talking about? Mods thread, and you are talking about sweaty dudes?

Wow you are a queer.

Name:  bigbowrofl-1.gif
Views: 180
Size:  40.0 KB

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
damn your gonna be making freinds here fast ...let me tell ya.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!