996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 AM
bavboym3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by unvmym3
damn your gonna be making freinds here fast ...let me tell ya.
What did I do? He invaded my thread. I think it was a great thread to make.. Strange forum so far..

But look at this... If we accually noticed, and helped... Here are a few cheap mods so far.

$0- OEM Exhaust Modification (Drilling outlet holes through first container, there is a whole thread about this). I did this, took about an hour to get it perfect, great sound and seems more nimble through butt dyno, someone on that thread dyno'ed an actual gain too. If you get someone to do this for you at a shop it will be about $100.
$0- Debadging your "Turbo"
$0- Weight removal. Rear Seats and panels.
$0- Removing rear bumperettes, actually helps with venting. You will have open holes though. You can put a black honeycomb grill over it ($5). I did this, easy to do but you have remove the rear bumperette brackets.
$3- Black out or Smoke front reflectors using a black metallic spray paint, Additionally you can do the same treatment on the rear tails for white section. (Very easy to do if you are a DIY modder). I never did this but a buddy of mine did it to his C4S, came out great. If you do it "professionally" at a body shop they will do it with slightly better materials for $150-$200. This has potential to look like *** if you don't do it right.
$30- Front reflector replacements in clear or smoke. I did this, best money you can spend for front looks. OEM version is about $60.
$60- Motor Blvd short shifter (amazingly cheap and WAY better than stock). B&M is atleast twice the price and its made by the same manufacturer. Anything more expensive is not even worth it, they do the same exact thing with same materials.

Last edited by bavboym3; 07-05-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:03 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
yeah but the name calling,everyone is just joking around dont take it to heart. jits is a straight up guy,he is just messing with ya .relax homie and enjoy 6 speed.=)

Old 07-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The real thing is that most of your "mods" are not really useful performance wise.

Your best mod is a $500 upsolute flash. over 60 HP/TQ with no other mods.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
You can't try to be cheap with these cars. I can tell you from experience. I put together my own kit though and hopefully will have some 60-130 numbers here in a few weeks. Maybe Sean will bring out his GT2 so he can play with Paul and I on the freeway.. Don't worry I'll be on 19-20psi

Old 07-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chris,

You comming out to 1320?

I hereby challenge you and the dear Walnut to a grudge race. Lets go from a 2nd gear 20 punch so we don't break any axles. We can let all the American muscle guys go from the dig.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I see you lurking walnut....still breathing heavy from the pre-judging?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Yes, Dr Jitsu is gay.He will be asking you for some naked pics in the near future.
ps. Don't tell his wife.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Paulie, how was the pre judging at the pro show (John Sherman Bodybuilding Classic) today?

Are you going to the night show?

I almost came out of the closet to go watch, but instead I will be watching sweaty men roll around (UFC 86 tonight).

Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
The pros don't go on until 4pm. I just watched hot sweety fitness & figure girls amateur and pro.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
And are you truly committed to being a genuine *******...because it takes hard work and discipline. If so, I will mentor you.

Here is what I want you to do for your first assignment: PM this guy PaulieWalnuts https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=8758

In the PM say this "Hey, I saw your yellow GT2 on Youtube racing another GT2, I think it was silver...man your car is bad ***. I know you lost to the silver car, but I heard that he was a way better driver and had 30K in mods. Your car only has 15K in mods....and I also heard that you are like, really old so the race wasn't really fair. Anyway, who did you mods? I want to get them for my car."

Do that, young grasshopper, and we will open our arms to you.
Sean hahahahah I just about fell off my chair, you are out of control! How you been?

Old 07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Good Martin,

Paulie,

No hot asian chicks in the fitness, eh?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Not to come off as rude, but you cannot be serious! You go out and buy a porsche tt and then you want free and cheap mods. Sorry that does not go hand in hand. If you want free and cheap mods - stick with the cheaper cars. Ever heard of porsche tax

Dont get me wrong prices are comming down due to new players in the game (VIVID and EPL), but still it isnt cheap to mod these rides - I am talking from experience.

Every car Ive had I have modded and before buying each one I have researched into whats its gonna cost me and then I decide whether I got the $$$ to mod that specific car. Why - I cannot drive a stock car!

My next car will be a lambo and Ive already researched what type of $$$ I have to put into the car to get it the way I want it.

Pay to play bruv!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
You can always do the seat mod.... hated it personally.

Who cares if the lights are tinted blue? Or the running lights are orange or white? I am not being rude, just pointing out that most of the people here are past that. The car is already an attention getter. It's not like someone is going to say "check out those cool turn signal lamps". We want to go fast. Like 80+ HP/TQ more than stock fast.

There is no real proof that the muffler drill does anything other than make noise. Is there?

Maybe you can raise the boost with a manual boost controller? I'm pretty sure the factory computer will do fine up to 1 BAR?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 07-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
You can always do the seat mod.... hated it personally.

Who cares if the lights are tinted blue? Or the running lights are orange or white? I am not being rude, just pointing out that most of the people here are past that. The car is already an attention getter. It's not like someone is going to say "check out those cool turn signal lamps". We want to go fast. Like 80+ HP/TQ more than stock fast.

There is no real proof that the muffler drill does anything other than make noise. Is there?

Maybe you can raise the boost with a manual boost controller? I'm pretty sure the factory computer will do fine up to 1 BAR?
Couldn't agree more!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:26 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So in other words this thread should be titled "insignificant doo-dads for the 996 TT".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free/cheap Mods for the 996 Turbo!