996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My newest mod, child seat (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite mod of the TT....

Had a booster and a booster base...now two bases. They grow up so fast, so I am super happy I can include them on drives. They both LOVE to drive in daddy's car. It is described as akin to a rollercoaster to the wife...which often gets me a frown and then a smirk. I have them take off their shoes...and no food. To date, no issues with seat backs and other issues. They understand. Water is allowed...after you drive in rain at a DE it doesn't seem so big a deal .....at all.

Life is good! (tm).

JB

PS: My instructor thought it funny that I forgot to take them out at my first DE. Talk about supercar...

Attached Images  

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 07-05-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect fit....your son looks happy!

Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Very cool and original

Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
This thread makes me happy. My little boy is due in September.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
if you take out the seats aside from weight reduction...more room...On weekends I throw kids in car with wife! they dont like seeing/feeling 1.2 bar though

Attached Images  
Old 07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of bar (but a different kind) I have a GMG roll bar back there and no seat bottoms... just the backs. I wonder if it will work. Wait... I also have Cobra carbon fiber non-hinging seats, so it's probably not going to be my baby hauler. What sucks is that my other vehicle is a huge (very high up) GMC for towing the car around. I need both hands for climbing! I guess we'll be using the wife's Audi each time...

Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hrs1
if you take out the seats aside from weight reduction...more room...On weekends I throw kids in car with wife! they dont like seeing/feeling 1.2 bar though
your seat on the driver side seems to be missing the belt that goes to the rear, only the seat belt isn't really safe.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:45 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
that is so cool! good job!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
A very necessary mod...Good job.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 PM
lakbum81 is infamous around these parts
I like how in the last picture he's giving a thumbs up...heh.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
nice setup>>>>>>>

do you have any insight on the install?
i.e.:
lap belt vs. latch connectors?
tether strap connected?
how is the fit into the rear seat well?
did you remove the rear seat bottom or back?
does the seat move side to side or front to back?
how did you get the seat belt tight enough for the child seat not to budge?

i have an 03 996tt and am trying to configure the britax roundabout to fit into the car within reason, but am having a tough time getting it secure enough to put our 2 year in the back.

thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by pumalex
Well, i didn't find a seat that would look good in the Porsche so i had one modified. First pic is what it looked like when i bought it, kind of looked ugly through the window, next pics are of the new version. Total cost to modify, 5,35$, 1,35 for fabric and 4$ for the badge. Oh yeah and the loving hands of a great mom .

By the way, i know, my son doesn't have the right cap but i don't have one with a Porsche logo. This cap is actually from the original Ferrari store in Italy, gift from a trip of the grand parents to their youngest child.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis

JB

PS: My instructor thought it funny that I forgot to take them out at my first DE. Talk about supercar...
That's awesome!

It's also a great way to sandbag races. In my younger and stupider days, when I'd go down to the street drag hang outs, I'd show up with my niece's child seat in the back of my totally modded but stock looking Audi S4 and say "Anyone wanna race, the guy at the dealership said this thing is pretty fast".

Old 07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EVO KNIEVO
your kid looks like a soon to be baller with that hat.
+1 hahaha

Old 07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
halluz is infamous around these parts
Can you stick a child seat in an American 996? I was under the impression that only the Canadian version has child seat hooks in the back. I checked and their aren't any in mine. I love your post because it gives us all a reason to sell to the wife to keep the Porsche after having kids (and we've got your pictures as evidence!)

Old 07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
I want to know how it latches in....you belt it in w/oe belt???

My buddy actually welded tabs back there so he could use latch system.

Please give us more insight to mounting as I might need to get a 6TT so I can take my kids around. Wife wont let me take them in current car which only has 2 seats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My newest mod, child seat (PICS)