996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My newest mod, child seat (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM
halluz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LARennsport
I want to know how it latches in....you belt it in w/oe belt???

My buddy actually welded tabs back there so he could use latch system.

Please give us more insight to mounting as I might need to get a 6TT so I can take my kids around. Wife wont let me take them in current car which only has 2 seats.
That's actually what I was referring to(if you're talking about the metal tabs that usually stick up behind the seat). If you check the manual - it says the Canadian version actually has the child seat tabs in the back. Kinda weird that it didn't make it in to the US version. I've heard Canada has tougher laws on sports cars so I'd guess Porsche only did it out of requirement.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Very nice. I need one for my lil one soon.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
my car is not a canadian one, it is a US.

actualy, i used the seat belt to hook it up but i still use the top latch which you got to use if the seat is facing forward. This hook is present in US model as it was in mine.

i had to modify the stock seat belt latch as it is pointing to much towards the front and it is not swivel like any other car.

what i had to do is to bend two small forks that are used to keep the belt in place while you bolt it down i guess. Then i had to cut the carpet a little bit so that i could put the latch pointing more toward the top than the front. Yeah i know, not for the faint of heart, i tried not to cut too many so that the little plastic part that hides the bolts still hides the missing carpet.

i have kept the bottom of the seat cause it was sitting to low if i removed it. i just put a big towel under the child seat to make sure it wouldn't damage the leather.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM
euro_king is infamous around these parts
cute babies

Old 07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
ok, just went out and took some pics since there seems to be some interest on this.

here you can see the rear latch system, every 996 should have that, although you might have the bose system in the way, i don't have that so no clue.

here you can see the stock seat belt i had to modify, you can see on the driver side (right of the pic) the latch is pointing towards the front (not modified) while the other one is more upward.

Name:  IMG_5114-2.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  35.3 KB

here you can see i would have needed to put it even higher but the shape of the thing didn't allow it so... You can see the seat belt is a little twisted.

here is from outside, at least we see it well since the belts are red

Name:  IMG_5117-2.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  31.3 KB

Old 10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
skorost is infamous around these parts
YES!!!! Thank you !!! I've been working on this all afternoon and what a revelation to discover that if you cut the small tab at the bottom of those flaps, it reveals a tether hook ! No my daughter's Britax "Frontier" combo child seat/booster eat fits snugly using the short belt path... the long belt path was just slightly too long for the 996's belts. and it comes in pink... cool daddy, daughter racing look.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:23 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I love it! Good choice on the seat.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
me too>>>>

just installed a few weeks ago, took a alot of research to get it done properly without movement. needless to say she loves it.

Attached Images  
Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skorost
YES!!!! Thank you !!! I've been working on this all afternoon and what a revelation to discover that if you cut the small tab at the bottom of those flaps, it reveals a tether hook ! No my daughter's Britax "Frontier" combo child seat/booster eat fits snugly using the short belt path... the long belt path was just slightly too long for the 996's belts. and it comes in pink... cool daddy, daughter racing look.
You got a Frontier to fit? Really? Man, I'm excited now! I had a Frontier in my 5 series and thought I'd have to sell it off as I thought the width wouldn't allow it to fit in the rear of my 997.

Did you remove the seat back or the cushion? And, how far does it protrude over the front of the rear seat cushion (hopefully that made sense)

Will try it this w/e. Thanks!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 AM
jeff4774 is infamous around these parts
wow that fits? what brand is that? i tried to get one in there, and it didnt fit the seat area.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 AM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
britax roundabout

using the shoulder belt and tether coupled with a seat belt tightener found at babies r us, really gets it in there with no movement whatsoever. the seat is sitting on a towel to give it some room to cinch down when drawn tight.
Originally Posted by jeff4774
wow that fits? what brand is that? i tried to get one in there, and it didnt fit the seat area.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Looks great and he looks stoked to be in there! He's got plenty of room to grow into it, almost looks like you could fit a grown man in that seat!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
that is too cute bro... Mom did an amazing job!! You go girl!!
Gotta work on the cap though..... lol.... thanks for sharing!!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Ferrari hat and riding in a Porsche, now that is good parenting!!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Hahaha, love the seats and the hat too. That kid sure looks happy to be in that car... I know I would be too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My newest mod, child seat (PICS)