996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My newest mod, child seat (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
ekyub is infamous around these partsekyub is infamous around these parts
What a smile. I love to see Porsches being used for everything and everyone. I briefly used mine with my kids.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johns930
nice!
i dont have kids and i fail to understand babies or kids in my 2 doors, but how u manage to keep that thing so clean with a mess maker baffles me.
that child is an angel

Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
tdprogent is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Cool!
I think I need one

Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
wowgogs is infamous around these parts
thats great!!

I tried 3 different car seats and I can't find any that fit between the humps back there. how you get that to fit?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 PM
alpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the roughalpineovernappa is a jewel in the rough
Looks like the kid is trying to say "time for a ferrari, dad!"

Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
the car seat is a britax roundabout

i removed both upper and lower rear seat components. place a folded towel on the flat carpet platform where the seat bottom was velcroed in place. use the lap belt to get the seat as tight as possible. i used an aftermarket aparatus purchased at toys r us or babies r us, that is essentially a ratchet mechanism that draws the lap and shoulder belt tight so the seat cannot budge. once that is complete cinch down the tether strap and the seat will not move a millimeter. tech commitees at the DE events love to bust my chops about it, but when they touch the seat trying to shake it, they realize it doesnt give so it is no longer an issue.

Originally Posted by wowgogs
thats great!!

I tried 3 different car seats and I can't find any that fit between the humps back there. how you get that to fit?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:19 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
anymore details on that ratchet thing?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM
wowgogs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mtesh73
i removed both upper and lower rear seat components. place a folded towel on the flat carpet platform where the seat bottom was velcroed in place. use the lap belt to get the seat as tight as possible. i used an aftermarket aparatus purchased at toys r us or babies r us, that is essentially a ratchet mechanism that draws the lap and shoulder belt tight so the seat cannot budge. once that is complete cinch down the tether strap and the seat will not move a millimeter. tech commitees at the DE events love to bust my chops about it, but when they touch the seat trying to shake it, they realize it doesnt give so it is no longer an issue.
thanks for these details. I will try them out on mine

Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
it is called the "mighty tite"

found at babies r us, 20 bucks.

Originally Posted by pumalex
anymore details on that ratchet thing?

Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I used one. It is great. Be careful to install it so you can loosen it. Ask me how I know.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
PeterK is infamous around these parts
great info on the might tite. I need to try it out!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM
skorost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakerholic
You got a Frontier to fit? Really? Man, I'm excited now! I had a Frontier in my 5 series and thought I'd have to sell it off as I thought the width wouldn't allow it to fit in the rear of my 997.

Did you remove the seat back or the cushion? And, how far does it protrude over the front of the rear seat cushion (hopefully that made sense)

Will try it this w/e. Thanks!
Sorry I missed this... here you go.

Attached Images     
Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Project E46M3 is infamous around these parts
hahahah...nice seat!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 AM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Just one of the reasons that I went with a Porsche, I love the little pup seats for the kids.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:30 AM
jdeg is infamous around these parts
Mighty Tite

Originally Posted by mtesh73
found at babies r us, 20 bucks.
I am trying to get two forward facing car seats (Radian 100) installed tightly in the back of my 997.2 cab. I bought the Mighty Tite, but don't see how it can work since there is basically no room to attach it to the seat belt -- the car seat sits right up against the side interior and the seat belt runs behind the car seat. Do you have any pictures of your Mighty Tite installation?

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My newest mod, child seat (PICS)