996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My newest mod, child seat (PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 AM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
car seat

dont have any pics, because the mighty actually fits onto the 10 inch section of belt that runs behind the car seat diagonally from side to side. its ratcheted behind the seat to make it tight.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
jdeg is infamous around these parts
Thanks mtesh. I'll give it a try, but I still can't visualize how you can ratchet the car seat tight with the Mighty Tite behind the seat and then still be able to get your hand out of there! I assume there is still enough "give" between the upper part of the toddler car seat and the Porsche seat back that allows you to pull your hand out after tightening the Mighty?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff! What is the latest on seats that fit the 911 these days? I imagine there are no infant seats that fit since they have to face backwards? Our daughter is a month old now and my wife is all sad she can't go for a drive in the turbo.

If I could take both of them, that would be awesome!!

Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tanman
He's smiling like a Porsche driver. And I believe he is already heel and toeing with his right foot.

Good looking kid, must look like mom.
+997 and congrats to the next generation of Porsche owners

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
ybslow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUCIANO136
Good stuff! What is the latest on seats that fit the 911 these days? I imagine there are no infant seats that fit since they have to face backwards? Our daughter is a month old now and my wife is all sad she can't go for a drive in the turbo.

If I could take both of them, that would be awesome!!

Luciano when my little guy was a few months old I was able to fit our snugride 35 in the back passenger seat on one occasion. The front seat had to be moved all the way to the front and there was no possible way you could have a passenger in the front. My wife would have fit behind my seat but there is no way I could ever convince her to crawl back there.

So to answer your question, it is possible but better to wait until your child is older and in a front facing seat if you want to take the whole family for a ride.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 AM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ybslow
Luciano when my little guy was a few months old I was able to fit our snugride 35 in the back passenger seat on one occasion. The front seat had to be moved all the way to the front and there was no possible way you could have a passenger in the front. My wife would have fit behind my seat but there is no way I could ever convince her to crawl back there.

So to answer your question, it is possible but better to wait until your child is older and in a front facing seat if you want to take the whole family for a ride.
I should actually give that a try; I tried it once with the base but forgot I can just use the seat only. Probably won't work but worth a shot. Not sure if my wife would fit in the back. She actually might; she's only 5'3". Could work for a short jaunt.