996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Those with TechArt Front (Auth or Rep) - Scraping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
My car was slammed with Techart front, had no issues ever, even in the city...

Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
SleeperX is infamous around these parts
I had the exact same dilemma. I decided to go with the GT2 replica from Masha as it has the carbon fiber lip which can easily be replaced with the factory lip whenever it chips. The Techart one looks better, but I think it would be a pain in the **** unless I lived in South Florida.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Green Turbo
I went through three of the lips when I had my car. I was lowered on JIC Bilstein PSS9. It is very difficult to drive with the tech art front.
Damn and your blue car was beautiful, it looked crazy dropped. can't wait to see ur new car btw
Originally Posted by basupra
I'm lowered about the same as you with H&R's with the TA front as well. I've yet to bottom it out, but it is certainly very low!! Like everyone else has said, you just have to be very careful and aware of anything that you might encounter. The previous owner mjust have hit something though, as I do have a little scrape on the front end.
Also when I was driving the car home, we hit a rabbit somewhere out in the desert and it slightly cracked the clearcoat on the carbon splitter, but honestly I thought it broke it!! It held up really well, I was surprised.
Tim
Hey Tim, thanks a lot for ur comment. Any chance we could see some pics?
Originally Posted by Anthony 98 GTS
.......mine is lowered with Techart coilovers and is very low.....I have the front plastic lip which has scraped a couple of times......but no worse than other lowered cars I drive or have driven....
Interesting, seems like I'm gonna HAVE to get a plastic lip. Shattered CF makes me ,
Originally Posted by Billystang
where did you guys got the plastic lip?
is it expensive?
i have fiberglass and every six months i have to repaint it and fill it with fiberglass
now i dont use it at all.
Your front lip is fiberglass or you mean the front bumper?
Originally Posted by LiNks
Suprised nobody has made anything out of Urethane, I had a urethane front bumper on my last car which was slammed, and it held up amazingly, it would bend just like rubber, and as long as you use the right agents in the paint, the paint never cracked.
SERIOUSLY, i can't believe no one has made a replica in urethane. They would be incredibly durable, unless vendors have that whole "light bulb" idea.
Originally Posted by FLY996
I have a TechArt replica front bumper on a C2. Lowered on JIC Coilovers. Initially I had the large lip spoiler. It looked great but due to scraping it only lasted ~30 days. If you get the small lip spoiler it will scrape occasionally but you should be OK. You just have to be extra sensitive as to where you take the car. I found out the hard way last year when it went to the mall on a whim. Up a steep garage embankment and guess what??? Shattered lip and front bumper.
Thanks for the pointer i'll have to get the smaller lip. i have trouble going into one specific mall right now, it has some vicious blocks... i can't even imagine i'll be taking my car there anymore.
Originally Posted by iLLM3
My car was slammed with Techart front, had no issues ever, even in the city...
i remember ur car (before it was sold/orange) and u had it out on a run taking off from the city. i was just like wow i can't believe he's not worried lol. i was in doug's car (cntrvrsy). i tihnk u've convinced me. btw what kind of lip did u have?
Originally Posted by SleeperX
I had the exact same dilemma. I decided to go with the GT2 replica from Masha as it has the carbon fiber lip which can easily be replaced with the factory lip whenever it chips. The Techart one looks better, but I think it would be a pain in the **** unless I lived in South Florida.
Ooo good choice, I was contemplating the same. The CF front lip is a nice tough but I'd be scared to murder it like my CSL splitters on my M3 lol. Got any pics?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Ahhh yea, the car was very low, but with a good suspension where the car isn't bouncing around or nose diving under braking , ESPECIALLY if you know how to manage with a low car you are just fine...

What lip do I have on what car???

Old 07-09-2008, 06:00 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Imo If Your Tires Are Tuck Under The Fender You Will Scrap And May Be Even Crack Up The Front Big Lip Like How Messed Up Mine Within Less Than A Hour Coming Out From The Body Shop.....lol.....so Now I Rock The Smaller Lip Like Fly996.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
DYL 911- I'll try to get some pics soon, been putting it off for too long!!

Tim

Old 07-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by smokinxtreme
Imo If Your Tires Are Tuck Under The Fender You Will Scrap And May Be Even Crack Up The Front Big Lip Like How Messed Up Mine Within Less Than A Hour Coming Out From The Body Shop.....lol.....so Now I Rock The Smaller Lip Like Fly996.
Where can we get the smaller lip from? My carbon fibre lip lasted 3 days and shattered 2 days ago.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
ttowsontt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Harold
Where can we get the smaller lip from? My carbon fibre lip lasted 3 days and shattered 2 days ago.
i recently ordered and installed the small front lip from misha. looks awesome, very very subtle and best of all no scraping. fyi, the one i bought from misha only connects the 2 "fangs" in the front of the ta bumper and does not go up on the sides, hope that made sense

Old 07-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ttowsontt
i recently ordered and installed the small front lip from misha. looks awesome, very very subtle and best of all no scraping. fyi, the one i bought from misha only connects the 2 "fangs" in the front of the ta bumper and does not go up on the sides, hope that made sense
Mate, is it made of a flexible material or fibreglass. And yes, it makes sense- it basically doesnt come out and over the bumper unlike the GTS splitter.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 PM
ttowsontt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Harold
Mate, is it made of a flexible material or fibreglass. And yes, it makes sense- it basically doesnt come out and over the bumper unlike the GTS splitter.
hmmm not sure, sorta like a very hard plastic (no real flex) but the bottom definitely had a resin, it came unfinished sorta flat black ready for paint

Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
stock on techart lips is what i do. i have a more clearance big techart GTS lip being finished up

and martin not hitting anything in NYC driving is him showing how super-human he is.. LOL

Old 08-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Have ordered the Techart dry carbon small splitter. thanks

Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 PM
votrix is infamous around these parts
Where did you order this part from?

Long story short ... Cracked my current one (not too bad), but it would be nice to keep a couple in stock.

Originally Posted by ttowsontt
hmmm not sure, sorta like a very hard plastic (no real flex) but the bottom definitely had a resin, it came unfinished sorta flat black ready for paint

Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by votrix
Where did you order this part from?

Long story short ... Cracked my current one (not too bad), but it would be nice to keep a couple in stock.
We have them in stock if you need either the small lip or large lip. Let me know if you want to get one

Edwin

Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
got a TA replica with larger version plastic front lip. Car's a bit lowered. I'd say there's about cigarette box standing on it's side from ground to lip. The bumper it'self isn't much of an issue, as much as this lip. Even though this lip is plastic, the way it's shaped, if snagged, tends to roll over and drag under the car. Have done this twice already. Have to take an angle to come out of office parking that requires going between 2 pillars and into opposit lane. this bumper just doesnt look right with out this lip IMO. But there is a smaller version lip offered. if i were to do it again, would go with the GT2 style. Sorry photos not that helpful but best i have at moment.

Same parking lot, same ride height, the stock bumper could just barely make it out at the right angle. If bumper only, would be similar. with the lip, not possible. TA with lip is significantly lower.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Those with TechArt Front (Auth or Rep) - Scraping?