996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Epl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 AM
magnum22 is infamous around these parts
Epl

Any body know how to contact Tony from EP Labs? I have been trying without success for the past 3 weeks. All I get is the answering machine when I call and no one seems to be returning calls or emails? rgds

Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by magnum22
Any body know how to contact Tony from EP Labs? I have been trying without success for the past 3 weeks. All I get is the answering machine when I call and no one seems to be returning calls or emails? rgds
We are here and others have reached us?

Ill sign on skype right now.

Thanks,
Tony

Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Still trying to contact you.

Tony, I received the ECU back last week. I have sent you quite a few emails and left a few voice mails, but Im not getting replies. Understand by your voicemail that you would be out of office till this week. Im installing it in my car today. I would like to know what was coprrected for the fault codes and also if there is anything to look out for. Sincerely, Mark

Below a copy of one of the emails in case you did not get it.

ECU
Sent:
Fri 8/01/08 12:01 AM

To:
tony@eplabs.net (tony@eplabs.net)

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Hey Tony,

I got my ECU...thanks for shipping it back. Could you tell me what u changed on it? Is the problem fixed?

rgds,

Mark

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Tony, I received the ECU back last week. I have sent you quite a few emails and left a few voice mails, but Im not getting replies. Understand by your voicemail that you would be out of office till this week. Im installing it in my car today. I would like to know what was coprrected for the fault codes and also if there is anything to look out for. Sincerely, Mark

Below a copy of one of the emails in case you did not get it.

ECU
Sent:
Fri 8/01/08 12:01 AM

To:
tony@eplabs.net (tony@eplabs.net)

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}Hey Tony,

I got my ECU...thanks for shipping it back. Could you tell me what u changed on it? Is the problem fixed?

rgds,

Mark
Mark- I have been having issues with hotmail accounts and AOL accounts. This was resolved end of day yesterday. I will email you shortly.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Mark- I have been having issues with hotmail accounts and AOL accounts. This was resolved end of day yesterday. I will email you shortly.
Tony, I had the following two error codes and CEL after putting in the ECU returned from you.

1. DME-P0447 Shutoff valve activated Charcoal Filter Final Stage.
2. Instrument Cluster - 9133 Term 61. Low with Engine running.

Again after putting in my spare factory ECU , the problem was resolved and no more fault codes or CELs.

It appears that the PO447 DME error code is appearing again since the last time I reported it to you on June 22nd when I first tried out your programming, and sending it back to you for correction on June 25th.

What else can be done besides sending it back to you again?

Mark

Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Tony, I had the following two error codes and CEL after putting in the ECU returned from you.

1. DME-P0447 Shutoff valve activated Charcoal Filter Final Stage.
2. Instrument Cluster - 9133 Term 61. Low with Engine running.

Again after putting in my spare factory ECU , the problem was resolved and no more fault codes or CELs.

It appears that the PO447 DME error code is appearing again since the last time I reported it to you on June 22nd when I first tried out your programming, and sending it back to you for correction on June 25th.

What else can be done besides sending it back to you again?

Mark

Mark,

The ecu I just reprogrammed. Was it originally a US or Euro ecu?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, Its a Euro ECU. Tiptronic Transmission. We had spoken on this before.

rgds,

Mark

Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Tony: I had all sorts of difficulty trying to get ahold of you also....consequently, I went with another tune.....your AOL or internet/telephone service provider hasn't done you any favors. You lost my sale because of my inability to get any response from either email or voicemail. If that was my business, I'd be all over that service provider.

I was truly looking forward to meeting up with you at Freemont, but that's out now. I still wish you all the best in your upcoming tune session in Freemont.

Chuck

Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
deandob is infamous around these parts
Tony, likewise I'm still having problems with contacting you and about to go with another tuner because of the delays. I have also tried your tony@eplabs.net and sales@eplabs.net emails, however I do use a hotmail account so it sounds like your spam filter is removing valid emails. If it is fixed now I'll try again.

My main questions to you is if your handheld programmer is ready now, and to confirm the 16g price & shipping logistics so I can ship my turbos to you.

I'd prefer to use email as the main source of communication because of the time differences. Or maybe use the PM facility in this forum to communicate.

Dean

Old 08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor
Mark - You have email from me.

Chuck - Congrats on making the decision and pulling the trigger on the tune.

Deanbob - We are nearly complete with 2 solutions that will work for you. The k16/16g kit is $3999 and I will credit you 50 dollars toward shipping since its included in all US orders.

We are not shipping new orders for roughly the next 2 weeks. We have ~30 cars to tune in house and remotely. Our work load has grown and so have in coming communications. Please be patient, we will return phone calls and email in the order they are received.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
OK, thanks Tony, good to hear from you.

I expect you are busy with demand, and with summer holidays & your engagement (congrats!). Please email me once you have a solution ready.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I've been able to get a hold of him pretty easy. For those who are reading this thread I wouldn't think twice about working with him!

Now get to Houston so I can roll out on Sean and Paul!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
TURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the roughTURBO ELECTRO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Mark - You have email from me.

Chuck - Congrats on making the decision and pulling the trigger on the tune.

Deanbob - We are nearly complete with 2 solutions that will work for you. The k16/16g kit is $3999 and I will credit you 50 dollars toward shipping since its included in all US orders.

We are not shipping new orders for roughly the next 2 weeks. We have ~30 cars to tune in house and remotely. Our work load has grown and so have in coming communications. Please be patient, we will return phone calls and email in the order they are received.
"we will return phone calls in the order which they were received"........sounds like somebody got famous overnight in this Porsche Performance world and is pulling there hair out now! See what happens Tony when your tunnning skills have been long waiting in this 996tt world. Everyday I drive my car with your 16/16g package...I say damn this thing is a beast.. and its been in 6 weeks allready. Well buddy take some caffein pills and return those phone calls in the order which they were received... Oh and don't forget I'm standing in line too...see ya in 2 weeks then I will post my dyno sheet for all to see to get ya some more customers on the phone for ya!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
For those of you reading this thread and seeing that I went with another tuner...it had nothing to do with what I considered to be anything negative about EPL's professional reputation or history in the tuning business. My decision to go to another tuner was based strictly on what appears to have been a communications blackout that left me, as well as other potential customers with unanswered emails and voicemails for an extended period of time, and as a result, an uncertainty about his availability. Early on....Tony and I had several discussions and I had preliminarily set up an appointment to meet up with him and get his tune when he came to Freemont, CA. I'm sorry this didn't work out, but I have to admit that I'm very pleased with the alternative route that I ended up taking.

I wish you the best of luck in future endeavours Tony.

Regards, Chuck

Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Same here - Tony was very responsive & informative taking the time to go over the details of the 16g kit then suddenly the communication just went dead. It sounds like some of our emails were being gobbled up by his ISP or email spam filter.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Tony,

In Singapore we import only right hand drive cars. So it is the same car you buy in Germany, France, Britain etc.
The ECU I gave you was the factory ECU . I bought a spare from the Dealer here in Singapore and had it reprogrammed with exactly the same codes. They just made a duplicate copy of it. Wouldn't it be the same codes again I will be sending up to you since it is a duplicate copy. I m using the spare stock duplicate ecu in my car

Could you tell me how long this is gonna take again as well if i sent you the spare stock ecu im using in my car? This one has no Fault codes or CEL and seems to be my only reference point. You were saying you had the same issues with a friend in Europe. How was that solved.? Did he have a spare ECU as well.?

Rgds,

Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Epl