996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What happened to Gemballa??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 05:41 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
What happened to Gemballa??

Back in the late 80's when I had my 911's Gemballa was the absolute biggest and best when it came to mods. I would say only RUF was on top of them. I remember when the first Avalanche came out and everyone freaked. At the time the Ruf "yellow bird" was the biggest dog in the yard until the Avalanche. I smashed into the back of one unfort and it turned out to be Vanilla Ice's lol.
Anyway what is the current status of this co.? I see nor hear very little about them anymore, are they still around??

Old 07-31-2004, 06:18 AM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Gemballa is still around and ticking. I think they have a much latrger following in Germany then here in the States. Pricing is still high, but they are offering some very attractive options for the current model line up. You can check them out at www.gemballa.com I beleive.

Old 07-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Gemballa=Bling bling

Old 08-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Rex0071% is infamous around these parts
Tommy Vercetti

Any pics of the accident????

Old 08-05-2004, 06:45 AM
Banned
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by schmick325
Tommy Vercetti

Any pics of the accident????
LOL no, this had to be back in the mid 80's I think 1984 or so. He was actually a nice guy to my surprise. I told him I was looking at some babe and didnt see him and he just looked at me, I was in a 280ZX Turbo, and took off.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Open any issue of Excellence you will find their ads.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:27 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
They are always sporting a full page add on the back of "GT Purely Porsche" every month.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:55 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Yeah, they're still in da house!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
Ken,
i heard a rumor that you were privately funding new parts development for Gemballa just so you can keep bolting more stuff to your car!!!! Any truth to that?

Erik

Old 08-05-2004, 09:06 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ken - make the images smaller bro!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Ken you know we love you right?

Old 08-05-2004, 09:19 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Erik,
Damn, the secret is out!!!

Darren,
This is an old one. All of the current and future pics are much smaller per your previous request.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
KPV
Listen here HZ.............you may have won the Dub Show trophy, but you are not going to skate away (pun intended Mr. Hockey) that easily on the 14th!!!! I plan to give you some stiff competition!!

Love is just a four letter word anyway!!!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:56 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Gemballa is out there, the prices are a bit high, and the styling is pretty radical which is why you don't see too much of it....
But let me tell you....
....Gemballa gets all the ladies

High Rez Shot (Since I know you all want it for your wallpaper)
Ken man, you went so far with the kit.....GET THE FRONT!!!!

Evan
PS-Tommy, our house is almost done!! I should be running around PBG early Sept!!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Rex0071% is infamous around these parts
damm.............

car is ok too :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What happened to Gemballa??