996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NY,PA,NJ,CT area dyno and 1/4 mile day?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I'm in as well

Old 07-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Well, I guess we need to start shoring up plans. A couple of open questions:
1. When? I'd like to do it in August, to give everyone enough time to clear their schedule (and hopefully for this heat spell to break). Eventually I'll post a new thread with a poll for what date works.
2. How Many Cars? Dyno time is going to be the limiting factor. Figure 1/2 hour per car for three pulls (and that's hustling), We'd have to go from 8am to 3pm to get 14 cars in. We can then hit e-town for the night session. If we wanted to do more people than that, we could do multiple locations for the dyno (I know of a mustang dyno in CT, NY and PA) and then have everyone converge on E-town.
3. Where? Still working on dyno locations and whether e-town makes the most sense for the drag.
4. Who? So who else is going to step up to the plate? I'd love to see representation from all of the bigger tuners. So far, we've got a lot of Proto cars, but not much else (Mikelly, I've got you down for a maybe). UMW, Vivid, Evo, RPM? Any takers? Any state of tune would be great (from just a flash to full on build). I'd also love to have a stock car along to get "baseline figures" for everyone else.

This is going to be a BLAST!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
The only catch is that many tracks won't allow you to have anything on your dash & the driftbox needs a line of sight with the satelite.
If you use the antennae that comes with the P-box/D-box, the unit doesn't need to be mounted on your dash.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
If you use the antennae that comes with the P-box/D-box, the unit doesn't need to be mounted on your dash.
AWESOME! Thanks, didn't know that. Want to come up and help run the 60-130 logging? I'd love to see your car in person. Back when I was in college, I could do Richmond to NJ in 4 hours flat...

Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
i'd be interested in making some passes at Etown. BTW, their roadcourse is available for rental now. anybody be down for that?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:44 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
this will be great, jump in guy's plenty of advanced notice.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
RCNJ is infamous around these parts
Don't know if the GT2 will be ready in August. We're shooting for late August early September. But if you guys don't mind some american muscle maybe I'll bring the ZO6

Old 07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
Staff@RPM is infamous around these parts
I'm In as well! Tim

Old 07-10-2008, 12:01 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
second for KMD

alan, this sounds like it could be fun. ill mention it to paul too. he would probably love to meet fellow 6speeders as well.

Originally Posted by str8blst
Sounds like a great idea Mike! We have KMD Tuning with a Maha Dyno in Northern Jersey and EPL with their Mustang in CT. I have a few friends who would definately be in....

Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
We can have this whole track for a day for about 100 bucks a car (20 car min). I would love to plan a private rental for the tristate guys in the Fall.
Guys, I think this is a better idea, as we could have the track to ourselves for a whole day and enjoy better track prep, which is important in achieving good times. If E-town is an open night, it will probably be busy with limited runs and deteriorating track conditions. I will do either, but I think the private track rental for a whole day would be better than E-town at night.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Barney1 is infamous around these parts
Try to rent Atco.. It's in N.J. That track you can rent at a great price. For years I have raced, tested and tuned at Atco.. Great rental track..

Last edited by Barney1; 07-10-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Barney1
Try to rent Atco.. It's in N.J. That track you can rent at a great price. For years I have raced, tested and tuned at Atco.. Great rental track..
Atco is great but it's friggin far away.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM
hly
hly is infamous around these parts
Sounds good Mike!
I'm in.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:37 PM
rc5204 is infamous around these parts
Hey Mike its Rob from rennlist we met in NYC. Im down but form Aug 23rd through 30th i am in Cancun. If you can accomodate around that time im in.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:25 PM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
guys im willing to travel to atco.. i think we should all do track rental since like previously said, we can have track to ourselves, and thats how good times are achieved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NY,PA,NJ,CT area dyno and 1/4 mile day?