996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

want a better controlled feel at high speeds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008 | 10:09 PM
|
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
I would like to some how get my steering to feel not so light... wish it had less power steering feel like my Lambo... I gues thats just the make up of Porsche?

Old 07-15-2008 | 11:12 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jean
It added 25 kgs (50+lbs) of downforce and increased front lift a bit (less than 15lbs) as a result at 125mph. I don't know what wing setting was used.

Al, sorry I don't know which wing you are talking about, the RT12 has 11kgs of lift in the front and 34 kgs of downforce in the rear. I am not sure if their supplier uses some sort of wind tunnel for their testing but I can find out. I know the front CTR2 bumper created lift for instance.

Never expect a Porsche aftermarket wing (regardless who builds it, no one has access to state of the art wind tunnel facilities) to give you results as good as Porsche's own, they will have either imbalanced lift fr/rr or disproportionate increased drag. The key is in getting drag and lift balanced, and that's why Porsche spends so much in wind tunnel testing. In a test conducted between 5 997TT modified tuner cars 9FF, Gemballa, Speedart, Techart, Wendland, and a stock 997TT, the stock 997TT achieved the fastest slalom speeds amongst all, certainly not related to aero alone, but it is an interesting comparison.

The 997GT2 has better aero data than the RT12 and was faster in almost every turn at the Nurburgring in its stock form, aero is fundamental to high speed handling, braking and top speed.
Oh boy, this cant be good news.... I am in the process of changing my original GT2 front to the techart front end but keeping the GT2 rear wing... I can only imagine what I am doing to the aerodynamics now...

Old 07-16-2008 | 06:06 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Thanks Jean, I'm glad it's a valid replica of something. May not be exactly correct with the aero but I think I'll get one and see if I can feel any difference. I'm looking for more downforce on the track.