996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another flashed newbie on board

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:57 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Talking Another flashed newbie on board

Hi all!!! I have always been a 6speed reader just not a writer. I think I can officially participate in the games now that I finally own a 996tt!!! A month or so ago, I bought an 03 Seal Gray on black (6speed of course) 996tt with 47k on it. I just recently had it flashed, DV’d and mufflered. (Yeah, I lasted a whole month!) I actually bought a used FVD stage 3 kit and just installed the mufflers and the spare ECU for now. Gonna sit on the K24’s for while until I know what to do with them (I got an idea!) I am posting this because I know when I was looking for this type of info, it was kind of hard to find. I’ve spent a lot of time searching (yes, searching, not just asking) and have found this forum to be the most active and informative, but you have to LOOK. I, like everyone, wanted to know what I should expect for a baseline and results to expect for step by step mods. So I had my car custom tuned on a mustang dyno and this is what I want to share with those of you interested:
I don’t recall whether these were corrected or uncorrected but the difference in my case between corrected and uncorrected was only 5-7hp and 8-10 ftlbs…

Baseline- STOCK: 344whp and 379wtq

With mufflers, DV’s: 356whp and 389wtq

With mufflers, DV’s, Flash: 425whp and 501wtq

My car is completely stock except for FVD sport mufflers, DV’s, and Custom Flash. Based on what I have seen here on the six, I am in the meaty part of the curve, I guess, as far as results go. Not the fastest car I have owned by far, but probably my last one...for now. For those of you still debating…JUST DO IT!!!! Runs now like it should have from the factory. Definitely suspension next! Or maybe the turbos….or….

Old 07-12-2008, 07:32 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
NICE.....which flash did you go with?

Old 07-12-2008, 07:34 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Weclome to the fold TT.....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-12-2008, 08:58 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
welcome, great first post!

Old 07-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
When you say you're going to sit on the K24's....do you mean you are considering installing them or you are considering moving into a modified K24? I'm assuming that with your HP readings, you have the non X50 version?

Thankx for posting those results....granted they wont satisfy some of the folks on here who demand more "scientific" results...but for most of us, that's a good baseline for quick figuring.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:11 AM
bavboym3 is infamous around these parts
NICE.. I did the FVD flash.. Im very happy

Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bavboym3
NICE.. I did the FVD flash.. Im very happy
did you do any other mods or was it just the flash. As I plan on flashing my stock turbo s next week.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by boca996tt
NICE.....which flash did you go with?
Custom Tune from EPL. I have a lot of experience in that I've built a few projects and can appreciate the fine detail of a custom tune vs an emailed file from whoever...

Old 07-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
When you say you're going to sit on the K24's....do you mean you are considering installing them or you are considering moving into a modified K24? I'm assuming that with your HP readings, you have the non X50 version?

Thankx for posting those results....granted they wont satisfy some of the folks on here who demand more "scientific" results...but for most of us, that's a good baseline for quick figuring.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be "scientific". Don't wanna start any "wars" here, just the facts. My car is not an X50 car, purposely. I have done a lot of homework here on the 6 and it's likely I will do K24/18g's.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
did you do any other mods or was it just the flash. As I plan on flashing my stock turbo s next week.

As I said in my post, I only have mufflers, DV's and custom flash with stock K16's. Turbos soon. I get bored VERY fast and I want to have somewhere to go next!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 PM
i meant besides the ones mentioned like coilovers, short shifter. chill out bro.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Good numbers

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
i meant besides the ones mentioned like coilovers, short shifter. chill out bro.

I bought my car with a short shifter, carbon fiber steering wheel and carbon fiber intake air diverters already installed. I don't consider those upgrades, but I know what you mean. I've only done the mufflers, DV's and flash so far. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do the turbos next or suspension. Needs both!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Good numbers
Thanks!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another flashed newbie on board