996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed loud exhaust, need help....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 11:31 PM
Michael W. is infamous around these partsMichael W. is infamous around these parts
LSM,

Why don't you buy Msindi's Fabspeed loud, I will buy your Europipe, then everybody is happy!

Old 09-04-2003, 11:38 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Michael W.
LSM,

Why don't you buy Msindi's Fabspeed loud, I will buy your Europipe, then everybody is happy!
I was going to buy it from Todd, but if price is right maybe I will. Problem is, if he is changing it already, it must be really too loud. I also want to explore the Cargraphics exhaust as I do not want to go through these 2nd thoughts again. BTW, PM me and we can discuss price. List with enlarged X50 tips is $4500+, I had the exhuast installed Tuesday and have about 150 miles on it. Anyway let me know. I would need your stock tips though as I sent my old tips to europipe. Check out www.europipe.be for confirmation of my numbers. Unfortunately, they seem not to want to discount at all and I got the feeling they may not like doing business with americans. Although, they did give me great service.

-Lou

Old 09-04-2003, 11:39 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by msindi
Ok - the Fabspeed loud has to go!! It is not for me...Any takers?? I would also consider a trade for a Fabspeed quiet...or if someone plans on buying a new Fabspeed, we can arrange so they get mine (28 miles on it!!) at a good discount and I get the quiet...
Just be aware that the Fabspeed sport is not actually quiet. It's just not as loud. You'll still get some resonance from 2K-2.6K. And its most definitely louder than stock. But compared to the super sport, it is definitely not as loud.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:41 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Forgot to add, who is the Chicago guy on this board who has the Fabspeed loud?? Somebody has to know. I think Todd said it was one of the owners of this website. Anyone know? I need to hear it in person before I decide.

Anyone have a Cargraphics exhaust in chicago or surrounding that I can also hear??

Thanks in advance for assistance.

-Lou

Old 09-04-2003, 11:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I thought that Shank used to have 'em on his TT?

Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 PM
LSM
Originally posted by sharkster
I thought that Shank used to have 'em on his TT?

Yup, that is the guy Todd mentioned, I couldn't remember, now that you said his name he is for sure the one. How do I get a hold of shank?? Does he still run the Fabspeed Loud?

-Lou

Old 09-04-2003, 11:48 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Well Lou.. you can just PM him But as far as I know he sold his TT (recently) and took another step up the baller-ladder to the GT2. I know the exhaust will work fine on the GT2 but he may have sold all the gear with his TT... Best ask him.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:59 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
One more question...I know the pics on the Fabpseed site show the Super sport (loud) and sport (quiet) being different...However, I was wondering if they were identical designs as this would mean I only need to change the muffler and I can keep the cats and all else as is...less shipping and install time this wat... anyone know??
How quiets is the quiet?? compared to stock and to the loud??

Old 09-05-2003, 12:01 AM
LSM
Well Lou.. you can just PM him But as far as I know he sold his TT (recently) and took another step up the baller-ladder to the GT2. I know the exhaust will work fine on the GT2 but he may have sold all the gear with his TT... Best ask him.
Already did actually, before I saw your reply. . So there! Just kidding, but anyway, thanks for info. Still waiting for any info on Cragraphic exhaust and any more info on Fabspeed.

Oh, BTW, I mentioned to you before, I saw your video on fabspeed.com, great video btw, Is the video a good indication of what it really sound like?? The reason I ask is that Fabspeed has its own launch video which really does not sound at all like your exhaust did.

-Lou

Old 09-05-2003, 12:21 AM
Hehe I figured you'd do that Glad you liked the video. I will say that it actually sounds a lot better in person than even in the video at WOT (when I do the flybys).

Old 09-05-2003, 12:23 AM
LSM
Hehe I figured you'd do that Glad you liked the video. I will say that it actually sounds a lot better in person than even in the video at WOT (when I do the flybys).

Wow, and that sounds pretty darn good. Have you listened to the video Fabspeed did themselves on the website? It doesn't sound anything like yours. Which video is indicative of the true sound?

-Lou

Old 09-05-2003, 12:26 AM
LSM
Originally posted by msindi
One more question...I know the pics on the Fabpseed site show the Super sport (loud) and sport (quiet) being different...However, I was wondering if they were identical designs as this would mean I only need to change the muffler and I can keep the cats and all else as is...less shipping and install time this wat... anyone know??
How quiets is the quiet?? compared to stock and to the loud??

Todd at EVO just did that for someone. He kept the new cats and switched the muffler portion. He said they are identical. BTW, when you received the exhaust are th muffler and cats separate?? HOw are they put and held together.

As far as how quiet is the quiet, the one I heard was fairly quiet, not obnoxious at all although it did resonate quite a bit even though it was the quiet version. but that is subjective

-Lou

Old 09-05-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by LSM
Wow, and that sounds pretty darn good. Have you listened to the video Fabspeed did themselves on the website? It doesn't sound anything like yours. Which video is indicative of the true sound?

-Lou
Hi Lou,

Glad you liked it Hmm having watched the others ones I would say mine probably is more indicitive. I guess it depends on the mic used and other equipment? Mine sounds a little different now since I've gotten these upgraded turbos...

Old 09-05-2003, 01:48 AM
Michael W. is infamous around these partsMichael W. is infamous around these parts
LSM:

"Unfortunately, they seem not to want to discount at all and I got the feeling they may not like doing business with americans."

Wow, that is odd! The entire Europipe website is meant almost exclusively for Americans, note the price quoted in US$. I have talked to the guys at Europipe several times and they always seemed great to me.

"I would need your stock tips though as I sent my old tips to europipe."

Why did you send your old tips to them? Did you get a Stage II? If so, I don't think this requires your tips to go to them, am I wrong?

Old 09-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
The gang at europipe were very nice to me. I didn't find them to act sassy like some other Porsche tuners on the other side of the pond.

Are you suppose to send your old tips back for stage II? I just ordered mine and they didn't mention anything about it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed loud exhaust, need help....