996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fabspeed loud exhaust, need help....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 10:35 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BCS996TT
Sharky,

Did you get your ecu reprogrammed?
No not ye But soon...

Old 09-05-2003, 10:35 AM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
I'll give it a shot. From 0K - 2K rpm it is about as quiet as stock. From 2k - 2.6K it is louder than stock, but quieter than the Loud version. There is some resonance here, and it can get a little "boomy" in this range. It might be hard to carry on a conversation if cruising at this RPM level. From 2.6K to 3K it is not much different than stock. Pretty quiet. From 3K on up, it sounds like a muffled version of the Loud unit. It is louder than stock, sounds kind of high pitched like an exotic car should, but not nearly as loud as the Loud version. With the exception of the 2 - 2.6K range, I think the sound is perfect. So, for the most part, I try to avoid the 2 - 2.6K range when cruising. Also, I should add, moderate stereo volume does a pretty good job of drowning out the drone from 2 - 2.6K. (With the loud version, I had to turn it way up!)

On the dyno, I lost about 7 peak HP, and gained a tiny amount of torque at the very low end (2 - 2.5K). So, it seemd like a very good trade off. Much less noise, and only a minimal loss of peak power (and virtually no loss of area under the curve).

If I can get my hands on a few other used systems, like say a Ruf or Europipe quiet, I intend to test them too. But, the Fabspeed Quiet is almost perfect... So, I don't see any point in paying up for a new version of one of these alternatives, when they may not actually be any better.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by racer63
I'll give it a shot. From 0K - 2K rpm it is about as quiet as stock. From 2k - 2.6K it is louder than stock, but quieter than the Loud version. There is some resonance here, and it can get a little "boomy" in this range. It might be hard to carry on a conversation if cruising at this RPM level. From 2.6K to 3K it is not much different than stock. Pretty quiet. From 3K on up, it sounds like a muffled version of the Loud unit. It is louder than stock, sounds kind of high pitched like an exotic car should, but not nearly as loud as the Loud version. With the exception of the 2 - 2.6K range, I think the sound is perfect. So, for the most part, I try to avoid the 2 - 2.6K range when cruising. Also, I should add, moderate stereo volume does a pretty good job of drowning out the drone from 2 - 2.6K. (With the loud version, I had to turn it way up!)

On the dyno, I lost about 7 peak HP, and gained a tiny amount of torque at the very low end (2 - 2.5K). So, it seemd like a very good trade off. Much less noise, and only a minimal loss of peak power (and virtually no loss of area under the curve).

If I can get my hands on a few other used systems, like say a Ruf or Europipe quiet, I intend to test them too. But, the Fabspeed Quiet is almost perfect... So, I don't see any point in paying up for a new version of one of these alternatives, when they may not actually be any better.

Ever hear the Cargraphics loud version?

Old 09-05-2003, 11:52 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
LSM - I think Oak had that but hten switched to RUF...PM him if you want

Old 09-06-2003, 08:44 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks.

-Lou

Old 09-06-2003, 11:45 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
BTW - I tried calling you yestrday so you can hear the Fab loud - I'll try again today

Old 09-06-2003, 11:50 AM
LSM
Oh, I'm sorry, you know stupid cell phones, I never saw a missed call from your area code. Give me a call when you get a chance. BTW, I asked on the other thread if you had called, now I see you have so disregard message on other thread. BTW, I just PM'ed you my number just for confirmation.

-Lou

Old 09-09-2003, 11:03 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
i will have a cargraphics exhaust for sale now if anyone is interested.

Fred

Old 09-09-2003, 02:22 PM
LSM
Which version do you have, I am definately getting the Cargraphics, PM me with price.

-Lou

Old 09-09-2003, 10:42 PM
GT2GRL is infamous around these parts
sounds like quite the discussion - I hope everything works out for everyone. It's all about personal preference remember that - if you're happy that's all that counts!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Captain BMM is infamous around these parts
I have a set of fabspeed secondary bypass pipes and are super loud

The pipes are super loud, they sound very nice under 2200 rpm and above 4000.

They become a bit annoying (cabin drone) anywhere in between, specially in the highway, specially driving the car everyday, they sound great at the track with a helmet on.

I will try to sell mine for cheap though, had enough!!! I will be looking towards a set of tubi's next.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Look in the parts for sale on this site.There is a Cargraphics set-up that might interest you,its a good price..I should know its mine.....lol.......Good Luck

Old 04-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Captain, did you notice the last posting date? Almost easier to start a new thread. Anyway, Fabspeed loud is LOUD!!!! but they are one of the best sounding exhausts on the outside. The Drone inside will absolutely kill you...